Would you pay $60 for....?

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
This reminds me of those $100 trauma shears.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Oooooo, sparkly! May I have it???

And the replacement bulbs are only about $13 ($12 on sale).
Riddle me this:
"A WACKXR and his MO$EY are soon P<>ted".

phunguy

Forum Crew Member
$4 bucks for the one that does what its supposed to do.. I still don't understand the math on buying 2 ;)

http://www.allheart.com/ah356wp.html

White Disposable Diagnostic Penlight with Pupil Gauge

AH-356WP Compare At: $5.00 Our Everyday Low Price: $3.97, 2 for $19.50

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Penlight and trauma shears.....there ya go!

Oh Yeah! I forgot about the $100.00 trauma shears...... Hmmm..... Dinner and a new outfit!!!! :p

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere

EMT-P633

Forum Crew Member
I got one of those carabiner flashlights that i have clipped on my scope. It was a freebie from one of our helicopter transport services during EMS week. about 3 years ago. still works great and if i loose it. ill just fly my next PT and get another one!!!!!!!!!

GeekMedic

Forum Probie
If you have the money to lose....

go nuts, it looks cool, but yeah, you could get a perfectly good one that you won't miss if it disappears for about 5 bucks. and use rechargeable batteries, it will save you a ton of cash in the long run.

41 Duck

Forum Lieutenant
Feh.

I've bought five cars that I can recall for less than sixty dollars ('68 Dart --$50, '74 Vega --$50, '76 Cordoba --$25 '90 Corsica --$50, '92 LeSabre --$50); they'll be serving Sno-Cones in Hell before I drop that much on a friggin' penlight. I'd rather take my kids to Chuck E Cheeze's a couple times.

Drug rep ones work just fine for assessments --and when you lose 'em, you just grab another.

Later!

--Coop

LAnel1

Forum Ride Along
Get a free penlight from a drug rep and spend the $60 on something you will use.

R/r 911
I definitely always go for the free stuff with stuff like that! haha. it's the best way to go... although it could just be the cheap italian in me speaking.

tydek07

Forum Captain
No! I buy mine in packs of 5 for $7.89 lol

It just would not be worth it, light is light. Also, at the rate I lose my penlights, it would be unearthly unforgiving to my checkbook.

MRE

Forum Captain
Would not buy a penlight, but I would spend $60 for a multi level LED flashlight that I can use to check pupils or light up a house number at night.

MRE

Forum Captain
I wouldn't pay $60 bucks for that... $10 is pushing it.

I haven't found a light with the quality and features that I am looking for, for $10 yet. Still looking though. The light I am talking about is a Fenix P3D, I carry it everywhere and use it several times a day. I also take it camping in the winter, in temperatures that alkaline batteries don't work at, so the lithiums are a necessity. I'm afraid if I mentioned the most I have paid for a flashlight, people here would try to get me committed.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
KB10EV:

Are we talking about lights to check pupils? That light could make a dead man's pupils constrict...

But If we are talking about regular lights... then i use my trusty maglite.

MRE

Forum Captain
KB10EV:

Are we talking about lights to check pupils? That light could make a dead man's pupils constrict...

But If we are talking about regular lights... then i use my trusty maglite.

On high, yes it could. On low it is like a bright penlite. If I don't even need that much light, it has a nice dim corona around the bright center that works nicely.

The other nice thing is that you don't get the artifacts in the beam like in a maglite, its just smooth white from the center all the way out to the edge.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
It has different settings? Oh that's nice. Is it a good flashlight on high? Nice and bright?

MRE

Forum Captain
It has different settings? Oh that's nice. Is it a good flashlight on high? Nice and bright?

Very bright on high, 160 lumens or so compared with maybe 25-50 for a maglite. The only things I don't like are the fairly useless strobe mode and SOS mode, so I just don't use them.