Working at McCormick/Banking overtime

Virgil

Forum Crew Member
Off the top of my head (and it's been 2-3 years since I went thru it myself), the scenario was basically an NREMT medical assessment skill sheet. They might throw in a trauma, or medical w/ trauma to throw you, but basically follow the assessment skill sheet in order, just like in EMT class and you'll be fine.

Drag test was easy, a weighted dummy, all of 50ft (and then the dummy becomes your patient for the skills scenario)
Sounds easy enough, thanks man. I'm a bit nervous for everything but I'm glad to be in the right direction finally.

Virgil

Forum Crew Member
Hey man hope you made it through. So they went back to dummy drags for the physical instead of AMR’s PAT process?
My current job got a big contract and they needed my help right before my testing date, so I talked to McCormick and they just told me to reapply when I'm ready since they switched systems for the new year. Oh well, but other good news is that I got a call back from AMR Riverside, so once I am finished getting my Ambulance Drivers cert I'm going in for testing. I have heard nothing but good things about Riverside so I am excited.

Will apply to McCormick again if AMR doesn't work out, for whatever reason. But I have high hopes!

Virgil

Forum Crew Member
Nice dude. But did McCormick clarify what they meant by “switching systems for the new year”?
They told me that they switched application systems/records coming into the new year, so maybe all applications from the year prior were wiped?

From what I can deduce, I applied to McCormick back in December and had an initial date set for early Jan, which I had to reschedule. No big deal, but then my work got that contract so I called to reschedule once again(Poor image on my part, and I was very hesitant to even ask). They were nice about it, and said "Well, we switched systems so just apply when you're ready and we'll go from there."

IMO I think they just didn't want to reschedule again or didn't want to have me as a holdover for too long. So they just told me to reapply. I'm not sweating it too much, I just hope I didn't leave a bad reputation for myself.