Wishing for one piece of equipment...

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
What one piece of equipment do you wish were on your ambulance?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
A universal interpreter.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
ffemt8978 said:
A universal interpreter.
spanish to english to spanish dictionary!

SWVAEMT

Forum Probie
GPS

Other than that, as a BLS provider, I pretty much have everything I need. My opinion may change once I have my Paramedics degree though.

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
A partner, that for the love of GOD, could stop his whining (and I mean actual 2 year old Whine is his voice) and complaining about EVERYTHING!!! Its cold...Its hot....man he hats running transfers (umm...hello, this is the transfer truck...and you ASKED to work here...remember, something about it being easy work...WTF did you think the transfer truck was going to do?!?!?)...his wrist hurts...his arm hurts....the FD is trying to screw him...man, were getting back to the station late and he still has 5 reports to finish (really!!!! does he think he is the only one with reports to do!!)...blah, blah, blah!!!

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Princess, welcome to EMS! :)

Working as a contingent I've had some amazing partners, then I have the complainers. I can't stand the complainers.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
EMTPrincess said:
A partner, that for the love of GOD, could stop his whining (and I mean actual 2 year old Whine is his voice) and complaining about EVERYTHING!!! Its cold...Its hot....man he hats running transfers (umm...hello, this is the transfer truck...and you ASKED to work here...remember, something about it being easy work...WTF did you think the transfer truck was going to do?!?!?)...his wrist hurts...his arm hurts....the FD is trying to screw him...man, were getting back to the station late and he still has 5 reports to finish (really!!!! does he think he is the only one with reports to do!!)...blah, blah, blah!!!
How long have you been working as an EMT? Boy, you caught on quick ;)

MariaCatEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
EMTPrincess said:

I should give you my cell phone number. Then next time he whines, have him call me. #1: I will tell him to SHUT UP and be nice to the PRINCESS! #2: I will also tell him I would kill for his job. #3: I will be more than happy to duct tape him to his chair, amply around the mouth, of course. #4: I wish I could work with someone like YOU! What a refreshing change that would be!

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
LOL...the other day I told him If I would have wanted to sit and listen to someone whine all day I would have called in and just stayed home with my son.

Funny, we had an out of state transfer the next day and he declined to go. I just don't get it. :rolleyes:

Tactical Medic

Forum Crew Member
I wish medics coming out of school had better common sense, if I had a wish for a better tool it would be that, freakin cook-book medics suck :wacko:

always trying to ALS everyone, and doing unnessary proceedures "just because it says to in the protocols" that crap wouldn't fly back in NYC.

:p

emtd29

Forum Lieutenant
next time he starts whining ask him if he wants some CHEESE with that whine!!! ( get it? wine & cheese?? I'll quit while I'm ahead LOL )

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Tactical Medic said:
I wish medics coming out of school had better common sense, if I had a wish for a better tool it would be that, freakin cook-book medics suck :wacko:

always trying to ALS everyone, and doing unnessary proceedures "just because it says to in the protocols" that crap wouldn't fly back in NYC.

:p
On the same token... I want "medic motavators" - that zap the lazy medics when they don't treat the obviously ALS patient as an ALS patient.

Tactical Medic

Forum Crew Member
MedicStudentJon said:
On the same token... I want "medic motavators" - that zap the lazy medics when they don't treat the obviously ALS patient as an ALS patient.

Thats the paramedic's call, you have to throw that BS flag up and correct the situation if your another medic, BUT if your not a medic you shouldn't have to worry about it, if you feel that the medic is not doing the right thing, tell the supervisor, thats what they are for ;)

For example not every chest pain needs a 12 lead, NTG, and IV.... But here in my county, the EMTs (maybe overthelous?) start wanting to do a 12 lead before the medic even orders it, LOL...

Part of the problem (in my department anyway) is that we have to do online reports when we get back to the station which are a royal pain in the bottom, and of course if its an ALS pt the EMTs don't have to do the reports, so I know of MANY EMTs who would start a 12 lead just so they can say it was an ALS call :wacko:

Anyway's I too would like one of them zappers, :p

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
I agree, not every call that seems to require ALS actually does.

aline

Forum Probie
I agree with ffemt8978, a universal translator would be awesome! The other thing is a fully stocked supply room so I had what I need to treat my patients.