Wish me Luck. (I'm gonna need it.)

dross

Forum Probie
So there is one, and only one ambulance service. withing about 50 miles or more from where I live. Today I recieved in the mail, an application for there EMT Rookie School. The way I see it, is that this is my one and only chance to be an EMT unless I move a couple of hours a way. So I'm going through the application with a fine tooth comb, and trying to fill it out the best way I can. I know that sounds silly (the application really isn't that different from any other job application) I"m just really nervous. A friend whose is an EMT at this service has let me borrow his text book, and I've been reading, and re-reading the thing, to get basic conepts, and vocabulary in my head. I think that I'll have a better chance, if I get in there, and not all of it is completley foreign to me. Anyway, wish me luck and if anyone has any suggestions I'd be more than happy to hear them.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Good Luck!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Good luck! If you're as convincing in your application and interview as you were in that post, I think you'll do fine.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Good Luck....You're not being silly, I went over my EMS app (a standard app) with a fine tooth comb as well. I even filled out a rough draft. :wacko:

An yes knowing the vocab at the very least will give you an edge. Like Mmiz said, you'll do great. You obviously want it and are willing to work for it, that's more than most people do (except for the gang that hangs out here of course)

Again...

Good Luck!

(but you don't need it!)

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Good Luck.