who's hiring in DFW texas???

EMT-23

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone know who is hiring in DFW area? Need to be hooked up with a job...I am an EMT-B...Let me know...THANKS!!!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I feel like there was a thread about this exact same thing not long ago...

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
EMT level? Pretty much no one except transfer companies.

UNTMatt

Forum Probie
EMT level? Pretty much no one except transfer companies.

That's what I've heard.

emt-b...do you know any companies in particular?

Depending on where you're located, there's Guardian EMS and Champion EMS. Not sure if they are good companies to work for or not. I'm pretty sure the pay isn't going to be enough for me to commute to their locations, even if they are/were hiring.

Medstar and AMR haven't posted any EMT-B positions in a while from what I can tell.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Champion is hiring medics and EMTs.

MedStar is always hiring medics, but isn't looking for EMTs at the moment.

CareFlite is looking for medics AND EMTs in Johnson county (911) and Dallas (IFT)

OP
OP
E

EMT-23

Forum Crew Member
thanks for the replies guys...i just got a call this morning from careflite. I got the job!!!

UNTMatt

Forum Probie
CareFlite is looking for medics AND EMTs in Johnson county (911) and Dallas (IFT)

Thanks for posting that...considering the Johnson county but still 80+ miles round trip. Anyone know about what the starting salary is?

OP
OP
E

EMT-23

Forum Crew Member
garland...this is my first emt-b job so ill take what i can get...i need to get my foot in the door...maybe they will let me transfer to johnson county one day...

UNTMatt

Forum Probie
garland...this is my first emt-b job so ill take what i can get...i need to get my foot in the door...maybe they will let me transfer to johnson county one day...

I went ahead and applied for the Johnson County position. Garland is just too far and wouldn't be feasable between gas and wear on the vehicle to get to work.

OP
OP
E

EMT-23

Forum Crew Member
garland is a good 30 minutes from me...but its all good...im just happy to work for careflite...

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I do 210 miles roundtrip right now, 80 is nothing.

Especially considering CFs pay, even for just EMTs.

jthaddeush

Forum Ride Along
I just got my basic and have been aplying around to, so far no luck but it seems like theres a lot of competition out there for the basic spots.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
North of $14/hr... which is more than Paramedics made at AMR in Dallas when I worked there.

OP
OP
E

EMT-23

Forum Crew Member
i dont know who said 80 miles...garland is only 59 miles round trip from my house...and like I said I really dont mind the drive lol...its not bad at all...no complaints here...