Who was the first......?

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Or the first person to attempt to make computers readily accessible to everyone, later building a technology empire? Oh that was Steve Jobs... Nevermind

Oh and he was successful.

Sent from either my HTC Thunderbolt or Acer A500 using Tapatalk.

First person to succeed; well... technically not a person IBM.

Vivian

Forum Probie
Who thought up adventure theme parks for kids- you know... enticing them to run and scream and play... on asphalt/concrete?

And then thought... "HEY GUYS!!! you know what would make this safe? 'NO RUNNING' SIGNS!"

>.< May they rot in hell for all the fun and injuries robbed of me in my childhood...

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I know who it was (Dr. Werner Forsmann),but I wonder what possessed him to go "I'm going to thread this urinary catheter through an IV and see if I can run it up to my heart". That took...something...

Zipperelli

Forum Probie
Who was the first person who looked at a cow's udders and said "Hey, I'm gonna drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em"?

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Who was the first person who looked at a cow's udders and said "Hey, I'm gonna drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em"?

Romulus and Remus but they went to wolves, and besides, we're taught at a very young age the goodies that lie in such apparati!

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
I know who it was (Dr. Werner Forsmann),but I wonder what possessed him to go "I'm going to thread this urinary catheter through an IV and see if I can run it up to my heart". That took...something...

Testing it out on a horse first probably increased his confidence that it could be done in the name of actually figuring out a lot of the "unknowns" (at that time) of cardiac physiology.

Zipperelli

Forum Probie
The american physician who invented the vibrator... Did he hear voices "If you build it, they will come"...?

74restore

Forum Crew Member
first person to say "Yup im going to jump out of that perfectly good airplane and hopefully float to the ground."

or the first person to test parachutes.... "Well, looks like paper is NOT the best material."

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Beer yes. Try "soy sauce".

For starters, it is primarily made from grain. You reap, winnow, grind, steep, ferment, mix and age, etc etc....all for a non-nutritive taste enhancer. Needs me Kikkoman shoyu.

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief
I know this is the humor section, but...
the answer to most of these questions is: necessity.
Also, we largely learned what could and could not be eaten by observing animals.
Oh, and when it comes to new lands and foods, there was usually that one guy in the foraging party who was hungry enough to try anything, regardless of whether it was poisonous or not.
A few of Columbus's men died from eating poisonous fruit on Hispaniola, so it doesn't always pan out.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
"These artichoke things didn't meet criteria for personal hygiene"...

..."so let's eat one".
:ph34r:

untico

Forum Probie
the first guy who thought: hey let's move to the desert and hope it works out for us.. :glare: