Who needs their monitors anymore when you have an iPhone!

Hockey

Quackers
[YOUTUBE]dY7ZQM5eah8[/YOUTUBE]

Just think how many people will flip if it shows asystole and call 911 :lol:

Either way, he is onto something with this and has potential. Amazing...and I'm not an Apple fan either

nakenyon

Forum Crew Member
This is pretty awesome. My iPhone stays attached to me at all times. I'm not convinced about his pitch that it is a clinical level ECG, but it's very intriguing. The possibilities can only grow from here.

281mustang

Forum Lieutenant
Very cool. I'd really like to see some comparisons in real time between this and a regular 12-lead.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
ROY "Hey, Johnny, check and see if the guy's got an i-phone!"

JOHNNY "Yeah, he does...he's got an icon for 'heart rhythm' too!"

ROY "Tap in!"

JOHNNY "Unnhhhh....!"

ROY "Damn, that's the second time this month he hit the defib icon by mistake!"

JPINFV

Gadfly
...because EKGs revolve around EMS. What about physicians practicing concierge medicine and medical missions?

What about as a quick check for patients in nursing homes who have cardiac issues but aren't on continuous monitoring? Q6h BP, pul, resp, lead 1 ekg.

What about as an alternative for a Holter monitor? Oh, you have an iPhone that you carry everywhere? Well, we can use your phone to store and transmit the data for a smaller fee (since we won't have to maintain as many holter units).

According to the physician who made the video's comments on Youtube, this was a concept model. They can always add additional leads after proving the concept. Similarly, according to the physician, it does have the ability to save it as a PDF and print it out.

yotam

Forum Probie
Great...

Some assessment applications, automatic IV inserting device and a driving license, and we EMS providers are out to the curb...

I miss the days the greatest thing our cell-phones did is glow...

hocomedic

Forum Crew Member
It is ridiculous what technology can do these days. I thought the invention of the ems protocol app on my iPod was cool.

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
Some assessment applications, automatic IV inserting device and a driving license, and we EMS providers are out to the curb...

I miss the days the greatest thing our cell-phones did is glow...

Nah, that's still the most useful feature of my cell phone and iPod Touch.

OP
OP
Hockey

Hockey

Quackers
Bump

Besides this one 7 months ago...haven't heard much

[youtube]GZ3r-OoCj_8[/youtube]