Who has the highest paid Paramedics?

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Who has the highest paid Paramedics in the USA? What is the highest you have herd of or know of? Many of the labor statistic websites do not list specific agencies or accurately give the top out pay for medics at an individual agency.

This post is really just for fun, but also I am curious... Just who is the highest paid out there?

The following conditions must apply
-OT excluded
-Dual role Firefighter/medic, police officer/medic, ect are excluded (only single role Paramedics)
-Management excluded

PS: I know many things come into consideration such as a cost of living, retirement plans, so on and so forth.

Last edited by a moderator:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Well damn, mine's excluded. I want to say WilCo is in the mid to high 50s without OT. That's the highest I've heard.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Are we talking initial, maximum, or average?

MCHD here in Texas pays a pretty penny to their medics. Looking on their site, a non-management medic can earn from $55,000 to $75,600 / yr.

My agency is $43,000 to $65,000 without management.

OP
OP
ExpatMedic0

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
a google search brings up mixed results for SSFD single role paramedics starting in the mid $80,000 and topping out at over $100,000. Not sure if anyone can confirm this I have been unable to.

OP
OP
ExpatMedic0

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Lets say initial and maximum. Although I find the maximum number more interesting.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Not EMSA-Oklahoma. We start our paramedics at about $37,000 a year with our current pay schedule, increasing to a maximum without additional OT of about $47,000.

It's not terrible, though. There's a pair of outfits in OK (Wadley's Ambulance in Purcell, Sinor in Weatherford/Clinton) that pay $21k-$25k/year for paramedics. That's simply not livable.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
a google search brings up mixed results for SSFD single role paramedics starting in the mid $80,000 and topping out at over $100,000. Not sure if anyone can confirm this I have been unable to.

That's our range for single role paramedics in our FD. With overtime, they can easily get to 130k or higher.

Summit

Critical Crazy
I'm pretty sure they start in the low 20s/hr around here.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
FDNY Rescue Medic pay is $75,000. But, this is NYC...

BeachMedic

Forum Lieutenant
I know San Fracisco FD starts their single role medics at around 90k for 4 10 hour shifts a week. EMTs at around 72k. They rarely hire though. Tough to get on. Highest paid private Medics in the area are AMR San Mateo. They got a killer union contract. 15 steps raises and built in overtime after 8 hours. They work 12s so its daily overtime.

Medic One

Forum Lieutenant
Our starting pay is $67/yr with pension and 401k, and city bennies.

We get time and half for OT, double time for holidays, 1 sick day earned each month, 10 vacations day/yr, 8 training days/yr (can be used for Conferences or extended vacation), 3 personal days/yr, and all comp time earned in leu of the OT pay is paid out as straight time or paid time off ( for vacations etc).

I average close to $80-90k/yr if I balance the OT, scheduled holidays and comp correctly to fill the wallet and still take a good amount of comp and vacation days off. This year I was $103!shy of 80k.

Our EMS is a municipal agency working as a division of the Police Department. Basically Police Department Based EMS....we are not cops just PD based paramedics.

Then add the other 21k from my part time gig, not too bad of a salary.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
We start around $40k/year, going up to a max of I believe $77k/year.

feldy

Forum Captain
My service is fairly on the high side for both medics/emts ...we also get A LOT of overtime (sometimes mandatory).

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
My service is fairly on the high side for both medics/emts ...we also get A LOT of overtime (sometimes mandatory).

Do you have numbers? High is relative.

mrg86

Forum Crew Member
I am told that King County Medic One starts at $69K right out of school and tops out around $100k.

eprex

Forum Lieutenant
How far does 75k go in Brooklyn or Queens?

Just fine I'd say. Rent isn't THAT expensive in queens and brooklyn, it just depends on the area. You could live in plenty of places on LI with that salary if your spouse makes equal or more.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Our starting pay is $67/yr with pension and 401k, and city bennies.

We get time and half for OT, double time for holidays, 1 sick day earned each month, 10 vacations day/yr, 8 training days/yr (can be used for Conferences or extended vacation), 3 personal days/yr, and all comp time earned in leu of the OT pay is paid out as straight time or paid time off ( for vacations etc).

I average close to $80-90k/yr if I balance the OT, scheduled holidays and comp correctly to fill the wallet and still take a good amount of comp and vacation days off. This year I was $103!shy of 80k.

Our EMS is a municipal agency working as a division of the Police Department. Basically Police Department Based EMS....we are not cops just PD based paramedics.

Then add the other 21k from my part time gig, not too bad of a salary.

Where is this... And are you hiring?

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
There should be a requirement that you have to name the agency for this thread.