Which SoCal Ambulance Company should I apply to?

That1Guy

Forum Probie
I'm a relatively new EMT-B and I'm looking to get my first job. I've applied to AMR (on some sort of wait list), Bowers (was told I just missed the hiring period), and PRN (haven't heard anything). In your opinion, what other companies are "decent" to work for? I've been scouring the forum but rather than trying to find the scoop on each individual company, I thought it might be easier to just ask you guys which ones you like or have heard good things about. Oh and I'd be commuting from Santa Clarita. Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks guys

Honestly I'd advise getting out of LA County if I were you. However if you are committed to LA County, aside from AMR and Bowers which you've already looked into, I'd look into Care (Falck), Gerber, McCormick, and Shafer.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm a relatively new EMT-B and I'm looking to get my first job. I've applied to AMR (on some sort of wait list), Bowers (was told I just missed the hiring period), and PRN (haven't heard anything). In your opinion, what other companies are "decent" to work for? I've been scouring the forum but rather than trying to find the scoop on each individual company, I thought it might be easier to just ask you guys which ones you like or have heard good things about. Oh and I'd be commuting from Santa Clarita. Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks guys
I have to second code bru. Try what he listed but if you want excitement get out of LACO.