Where's Chimpie?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Anybody heard from Chimpie lately? I know he's been busy with his new job and everything, but I haven't seen him around here for a while.

And since we're getting close to post #3000, he really should be here for it. B)

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Originally posted by ffemt8978@Oct 29 2004, 12:46 AM
Anybody heard from Chimpie lately? I know he's been busy with his new job and everything, but I haven't seen him around here for a while.

And since we're getting close to post #3000, he really should be here for it. B)
Don't you worry about 'ole Chimp. The guy gets a feeling in his toes at -200, and his hair starts to tingle at -100, and at -50 posts to the next 1000 his right eye starts to twitch.

He'll be here in no time, don't you worry about him. :blink: :D

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I'm lurking. LOL I'm only able to check the forum in the morning and afternoons now. I've been spending more time with my g/f lately and trying to do more things offline.

But the Fire/EMS bug hasn't left me yet. I was first onscene (read:passerby) the other night on a MVA with no injuries. We were across the street at a bank and I heard tires screeching. Looked in the mirror to see a Chevy S-10 hit the back bumper of a raised Dodge Ram. Front end of the S-10 was demolished and the Dodge Ram's rear bumper was just pushed in a little. Everyone was wearing their seat belt and all was okay. If they weren't it would have been a whole different story.

When I get out to California in the next year or so I'll probably redo all my certs as they all have expired and join a volly fire department.

But yeah, I'm lurking on the boards. :D

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by Chimpie@Oct 29 2004, 04:18 AM
When I get out to California in the next year or so I'll probably redo all my certs as they all have expired and join a volly fire department.

But yeah, I'm lurking on the boards. :D
There's Chimpie! :D

Quick word of advice about your certs. Get them renewed now so that when you get to CA, you can apply for reciprocity instead of having to take the whole course over again.

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Originally posted by ffemt8978@Oct 29 2004, 10:40 AM
Quick word of advice about your certs. Get them renewed now so that when you get to CA, you can apply for reciprocity instead of having to take the whole course over again.
Better check first though...some of the counties out here can be real sticky about giving reciprocity. As always, California thinks they've got the best system and other states can't possibly measure up. :rolleyes:

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
My cert was a MFR cert out of Indiana. I was a MFR for four years. That expired about two years after I moved to Florida. All of my First Aid, CPR and AED certs as well as my instructors cert have expired as well.

While talking to Chris off-forum he advised that the California EMS system doesn't recognize the MFR. I'm going to either wait till I get to California and see what I can take or at least get all my FA/CPR/AED/Instructors certs current within the next year. I'm unsure at this point.

Chimp