Where to go in fl for test ?

AND1

Forum Probie
Ok guys, i have a question what can i do to help me get better grades in class ? So far i have took two class exams and got ( c ) on both. I don't want to pass the class with a low grade. Any ideas on how i can improve? Please help.. Thanks all

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
If you know the material and are just a poor test taker, I would not be overly concerned with my grades as long as they were passing.

The guy who graduated last in his class from medical school is still called "Doctor" and I have never had to show my grades to gain employment.

If you are struggling with the material, then study more, get with others and find out what your weaknesses are. There are dozens of threads on this subject so I will not recap them all here but the class is no different than any other class you have taken in your life. When you had trouble, what did you do to overcome it and learn the material or perform better on the exam?

OP
OP
A

AND1

Forum Probie
Ak/ no matter how hard i study when i comes to test time, i miss judge my answers. Guess im gonna have to study more and quit tv and sports for a few months. Also do you know where students in the east side of florida go for national testing ?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Your school should arrange all of that.

SoldierMedic

Forum Probie
I just took the FL. State NREMT exam this morning (And the anxiety right now is off the charts since I finished at 72 questions... So it could be good or REALLY REALLY BAD :) )... The process for taking it once the course is complete is to fill out an application and pay a fee for the application and placement for your test.

Here is the link for Florida. The application is for both EMT-B and EMT-P.

http://www.doh.state.fl.us/demo/ems/EMT_Paramedic/EMTParamedichome.html

Once they review your application (2 to 4 weeks) you get clearance to take your exam as shown on www.nremt.org (I'm sure the school willl set you up with an account and password). You will get a clearance letter to contact a proxy company for testing... Mine was a company called PEARSON VUE and the letter will give you the contact info. From there they find the closest place for you to test. That was how it worked for me. I was already Nationally Registered but Florida requires you to test again if you are EMT-B.

Good luck on the exam!

OP
OP
A

AND1

Forum Probie
How many time are allowed to take the test ? Is it 4 times ? Well i wish you luck. Are you in the academy or planing on it ?

SoldierMedic

Forum Probie
I'm a medic in the Army Reserves ... I am planning on going paramedic but will go to a community college, not training thru a fire department.

Once I obtain paramedic certification and a BS degree... I may go active duty to request the flight medic mos, then do that for a few years. After that, I will come home and be a firefighter / paramedic. Today, I'm just happy to have overcome the Florida assessment.

I think it's 3 times AND1 you have for the test. Stay the course and best of luck.