Where is the best place you've worked as an EMT-B?

Agg04

Forum Probie
I saw on another post that you seemed set on Titusville? I don't know much about EMS and Fire up there but I know for sure paramedics are taken care of further down south. Virtually no where is hiring with a livable salary if they are even hiring at all for EMT-B's. Down south where you will be taken care of is a FD. Our calls down here are 90% medical calls. I know it seems like a lot extra having to go through medic and then fire, but all of my friends were extremely happy when they did it and they easily found a FD that is going to take care of them until they retire. Its all about what you want though.

OP
OP
RachZem

RachZem

Forum Ride Along
I saw on another post that you seemed set on Titusville? I don't know much about EMS and Fire up there but I know for sure paramedics are taken care of further down south. Virtually no where is hiring with a livable salary if they are even hiring at all for EMT-B's. Down south where you will be taken care of is a FD. Our calls down here are 90% medical calls. I know it seems like a lot extra having to go through medic and then fire, but all of my friends were extremely happy when they did it and they easily found a FD that is going to take care of them until they retire. Its all about what you want though.
I was planning on moving there to help my dad but that fell through. Now I'm looking into other options. Really anywhere around water will do for me.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I was planning on moving there to help my dad but that fell through. Now I'm looking into other options. Really anywhere around water will do for me.
Albany county sheriffs office EMS unit :D! Idk where you are exactly though.

Welch621

Forum Ride Along
Sunstar in Pinellas County, Florida. They service an area of a million people, with the population almost doubling during the winter months when the snowbirds come down. All ALS 911 and interfacility. They just introduced BLS interfacility only, which is what all the new EMTs are starting on, but you can bid on an ALS shift at anytime. FD responds to all 911 calls and then Sunstar transports. Great way to get experience and one of only 2 counties in Florida where FD doesn't transport. Great equipment and a very progressive medical director.

It's in the Tampa Bay Area. Plenty of sporting events, concerts and of course the beach. Some of the best beaches in the country are right here in Pinellas County.

PM me if you want more info.

EMS Pursuit

Forum Probie
California has great experience but cost of living per EMT pay is tough to make work. It is doable with some planning but becoming a Paramedic with the right company, working as an ER Tech or getting hired as a Firefighter especially are the higher pay routes to take while obtaining good experience.