Where do you buy your medical supplies for personal kit?

That1Guy

Forum Probie
Looking to put together a kit and wanted to get some opinions on the best place to shop for it. Thanks!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
If I carried a personal kit I have seen supplies at rei and walgreens.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Walmart

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Walgreens. I'm high class like that [emoji41]

OP
OP
T

That1Guy

Forum Probie
Haha okay then. I didn't even think to look at Walmart or Walgreens but I'd assume they probably have the best prices. The only place I had heard of was Moore Medical, which seemed pretty good but thought I'd get some extra opinions. I only ask because I'm taking a gig as a private medic and I have to have my own kit.

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
There are some excellent distributors of supplies, but they really aren't worth using for such small orders. That said, I've always found that the main competitors are Amazon and the local walmart, grocery store, or walgreens. The prices are surprisingly competitive, and the stores often beat out even Amazon.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
For personal kits, I use Walmart, Target, Walgreens, or CVS/Rite Aid if I'm just "restocking" one or two items. If I have to get more stuff than just one or two items, I have been known to use Amazon or even Life-Assist. Life-Assist is literally about 20 minutes from my house, so I save on shipping...

I haven't had to do much with my kits lately so I haven't had a need to do some serious shopping for FAK supplies.

OP
OP
T

That1Guy

Forum Probie
Thanks guys. This might be a longshot question but does anyone know how or where to refill a portable O2 cylinder? For me to get the larger private jobs, I gotta have my own O2 equipment. Equipment is easy to get, but getting it filled seems to be a little more confusing. I read somewhere that you need to have a prescription, but I imagine that isn't always the case because some of the other private medics (EMT-Bs) have O2 (won't be seeing them for a while or I'd definitely ask).

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Thanks guys. This might be a longshot question but does anyone know how or where to refill a portable O2 cylinder? For me to get the larger private jobs, I gotta have my own O2 equipment. Equipment is easy to get, but getting it filled seems to be a little more confusing. I read somewhere that you need to have a prescription, but I imagine that isn't always the case because some of the other private medics (EMT-Bs) have O2 (won't be seeing them for a while or I'd definitely ask).
All our tanks on my ambulance are filled at a local welding shop that has medical oxygen. Ask around at them

CFal

Forum Captain
I always stock my pack from our supply room, but that's because I use it at work and also take it home with me

MackTheKnife

BSN, RN-BC, EMT-P, TCRN, CEN
You need an Rx.