When your partner feels "sick"

AJemt

Forum Crew Member
i have to be feeling pretty bad before i'll admit it to my partner....actually had one offer to take me into the ER but i flat out refused him....my blood pressure was kinda high and i had a headache and was a little bit dizzy and probably had an electrolyte imbalance <_< but there was no way i was going into the ER....was sick last week but worked through it, wouldn't drive though (was on a bls txpt truck and we did 4 txpts i made my partner drive and i wrote them all), stomach ache really really bad to where i called the boss and asked if i could go home if i didn't start feeling better - he said yes but i pushed myself to stay. haven't had to treat my partners yet but i'm sure it will happen eventually....
ems providers make the worst pts....

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Yeah... I had to leave work early yesterday... some kind of stomach bug. I'm over it now, but even working the VERY boring convention, where I'm in a first aid station with a bathroom, all my myself, was a little too much. I had originally tried to tough it out and just not do the second standby of the day... and evening concert. But I had to leave early.... Luckly my boss was REALLY cool...

Jon

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Someone at my company had the same thing happen to them, partner ran him into the ER.

Recently someone at the company was hypoglycemic and became non-responsive on the way to a call. She was combative, broke a few things in the ambulance, and ripped a few shirts. It made a great story :)

OP
OP
D

daemonicusxx

Forum Lieutenant
Believe it or not, i actually got a call yesterday for "back pain"

Guess who. Same partner, i recognized her neighborhood. she was sittin right at 170 for the entire TXP. i think theres an underlying reason. she did admit some stuff in the back that i had to report, hope im not passin the hippa line in here.