when is it necessary to...

wyoskibum

Forum Captain
I'm wondering what gives you the right, since I presume you are both basics, to lecture him and take things away from him?

LOL! Playing "Devils Advocate" I see!

Sasha

Forum Chief
Let me change that. Persuming you are both normal field employees and one of you is not a supervisor since I don't believe a paramedic is the boss of anything but patient care and does not have the right to lecture the EMT.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm wondering what gives you the right, since I presume you are both basics, to lecture him and take things away from him?

Experience on him to lecture why map books are important, and I have the right to take the GPS away from him because it is mine. GPS is updated, it's just a cheap model and really slow. It works fine if you use common sense and don't look at the map portion of the GPS, but strictly listen to distances coming up and street names.

Oh yeah, not using it to get the freeway also helps when you're in an area you know.

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
Keep your GPS' maps up to date and it shouldn't be a problem. I used a GPS when I worked private IFT (Still cannot for the life of me use a map book.), and we went all over the state with no problem.

I think the county has to update it for us, though I'm not really sure. And we're supposed to memorize the main roads of our response area, anyways. It's not that hard here.

Sasha said:
Let me change that. Persuming you are both normal field employees and one of you is not a supervisor since I don't believe a paramedic is the boss of anything but patient care and does not have the right to lecture the EMT.

Self-preservation? :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator: