When is enough, enough?

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
Can't balance bill CMS (Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare) and CMS is 79% of our payor mix.
Woof

CMS is like 30% of my payer mix. And were getting $375 per BLS run from them. But then i have United Healthcare who pays every red cent. I regularly get $1000+ from them.

You sound like you are one of those slave-driver type managers. There is nothing I can say that will change your mind so we will have to agree to disagree.

Boy youd hate to work for me. My crews called me just now to tell me that they are just getting off after a CPR 90 minutes after the end of their shift due to charting and cleanup and restock. They ran 18 jobs in 23 staffed hours. You know what i told them? "GOOD" They made the company at least $7000 dollars today. Yet my staff love this agency and all want to see it grow. They like each other. The background on the phone call sounded like a party. That makes me happy that i have guys who like coming to work, like the job, dont mind getting run when we are doing good work and work with me.

Not caring and not wanting to change are two very different things. An employer can care a lot and either no be aware of simply not be convinced that a proposed change is necessary or that it would alleviate the problem. And right or wrong, when you are busy running a business or operation and there are many things competing for your attention and your limited resources, it is easy to dismiss concerns that are only occasionally raised, or only raised by a small percentage of your employees. Ever see Undercover Boss? "These guys have been running the same way for years, and we've never had a problem and no one has ever complained except a few people here and there and they didn't stay around anyway. We will look into the issue more, when we have time" is the way they view these things.

My eternal bane. "Guys, how long has this been broke/missing/dirty/out?" Something like a few days to a week, when were they ever going to tell me? ive got all kinds of things going on, and ill always look to fix stuff when i can, but if i dont know about a problem then i cant make it better