whats your motivation?

rubyfruit17

Forum Ride Along
I enjoy taking care of people, also to have knowledge and skills to save a life is immeasurable !

Tyler Bruns

Forum Probie
I am one of those people that likes to always be prepared. Call it paranoid, nerdy,ridiculous, what ever you want, but knowing how to help someone and prevent or treat injury is why I enjoy it. I stay motivated because I enjoy it.
Oh and chicks dig it :rolleyes:^_^

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Well what originally was my motivation was that I needed to be a paramedic to work for the local FD as a FF. So I started taking my EMT-B class and I fell in love with it after my first ride-a-long.

My motivation now is a combination between being the one that's there for people in their time of need, and because I find it incredibly intriguing how you get to see people on either end of the spectrum; poor people, rich people, white people, black people, etc.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Now for Something Completely Different

I'm not in the biz anymore, but I was for over ten years twenty five years ago (OUCH!)

But I was one of the first and it was all new back then. It rocked every aspect of my life and placed me on a lifetime journey exploring many facets of the healing arts. That included Alternative, Counseling, Workshop Development, living with Indigenous Medicine Families, MOST performance, visual and musical arts.

When I say everything I learned I learned in the back of an ambulance, I'm not kidding because it has informed EVERYTHING I've done since.

Soon you'll get to see how the motivation keeps alive in me, and hopefully, in service to you. But I appreciate this site and all on it! THANK YOU!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Somebody already listed off some of the reasons why: lights, sirens, and driving fast. They forgot to mention a cool uniform and how chicks dig it. Just kidding... Not even sure if the uniform thing is true. :\

My dad got a seizure two years ago, and my mom and I didn't know what to do. He came out of it real quick and told us not to call 9-1-1. A year later, the same thing happened, but this time we went against his word and decided to call 9-1-1. At the time, I was training to be a software engineer (wasn't going for a degree, just getting certified in a bunch of stuff), but wasn't so sure why. It just didn't feel right. So after that incident, I decided to take a First Responder class (which included AHA CPR) for fun, not to be a sitting duck if something goes down around me, and find something that feels right for me. So far I am coming up to my last week of my First Responder class, I really liked it, and I signed up for an EMT class. I find the human body very fascinating, I want to do something that is physical, something that involves making decisions, communicating with people, something that I can be proud of doing, I don't fear blood, and I can handle haters. I consider myself young (age 20) and just looking for a calling. Well, EMS is screaming at me.

Last edited by a moderator:

zmedic

Forum Captain
Because I, want to rock and roll all night, and party every day (repeat)

As I tell people, we're not heros, we just save lives.

The truth is I really enjoy being in emergency situations and knowing what to do. Yeah, there is the adrenaline rush, but it just feels good to be able to keep your head and take charge when everyone else is freaking out. And you get to help people at the same time. Not bad.

Belgian EMT/nurse

Forum Crew Member
For those calls where I can make difference..

Oh and probably because it's in my blood.. The first word I could say was "TUTA", so when I heard a sirene it went like "oh tuta". (ref. My dad own's a private ambulance service)

Madmedic780

Forum Crew Member
Newbie-doo here but it first started off just being a resume buffer for med school, but hell I never knew how fun it would be. I'm now considering to go to paragod school instead....

Madmedic780

Forum Crew Member