What would you say....?

siefersl

Forum Probie
Ok so my partner and I went on a police standby for a no-knock warrant, the suspect is known to have weapons mainly guns... So at twelve thirty as I was awoken from my sleep I had just started thiry minutes ago leave the station. We go to the staging point for the sherifs department. Shortly after our arrival the deputy in charge walks up to the truck and asks... "Are you guys up to date on your trauma and gun shots??" Now of all the witty remarks that I could quickly come up with in my mind I decided that he is probably just excited and I replied "yes." Although I really wanted to reply "oh shoot... gun shots we got the wrong truck for that. I thought we were here just for looks. You mean we might actually have to do something... we have to call the other techs who are trained in that type of situation."

I know I love the police don't get me wrong i apreciate thier help, just sometimes wonder???

Rattletrap

Forum Lieutenant
"We are the animal ems and are only here for the K9 unit."

Epi-do

I see dead people
EMS? They told us we were taxi drivers today.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Gun shots? Trauma? Now I know that was mentioned in my protocols somewhere...

-Kat

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Wait, will there be blood? I cant handle that!
Will there be a hole? Can I poke it?

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Oh, thought of another one!

Gun shots? But my parole officer said I'm not allowed to be near guns!

-Kat

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
No, can I practice on you first?

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
We are trained professinals!

"Really!" Good thing I stayed at at a Holiday Inn last night!!! B)
"Your'e killing me Smalls, your'e killing me!"
(any guess to the movie!) ^_^

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
"No need to be...I've seen you shooting at the range before."

Arkymedic

Forum Captain
Ok so my partner and I went on a police standby for a no-knock warrant, the suspect is known to have weapons mainly guns... So at twelve thirty as I was awoken from my sleep I had just started thiry minutes ago leave the station. We go to the staging point for the sherifs department. Shortly after our arrival the deputy in charge walks up to the truck and asks... "Are you guys up to date on your trauma and gun shots??" Now of all the witty remarks that I could quickly come up with in my mind I decided that he is probably just excited and I replied "yes." Although I really wanted to reply "oh shoot... gun shots we got the wrong truck for that. I thought we were here just for looks. You mean we might actually have to do something... we have to call the other techs who are trained in that type of situation."

I know I love the police don't get me wrong i apreciate thier help, just sometimes wonder???

"That's ok. Out of the eighteen rounds you'll fire you'll be lucky to hit him just once"

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
How about, "That's a valid question."

You gotta figure, not a lot of us are as used to gunshot wounds as we are to, say, M.I.s. Also, most cops I know have an element of fear running through them (not misplaced). I don't know that you could assume he was talking in reference to patching up the perp. It may very well have been about him.

Arkymedic

Forum Captain
How about, "That's a valid question."

You gotta figure, not a lot of us are as used to gunshot wounds as we are to, say, M.I.s. Also, most cops I know have an element of fear running through them (not misplaced). I don't know that you could assume he was talking in reference to patching up the perp. It may very well have been about him.

I agree fire I just couldn't help being a smart *** and making some comment though. As a LEO I also understand that fear.

paramediclori

Forum Probie
I would have just said, "You know, it's been a while since I have read it, but I have never had a gun shot or a trauma, but I have always wanted one....."

OP
OP
S

siefersl

Forum Probie
I would like to make sure that it is known that I was not attempting in anyway to slander the police at all. I'm sure I'm not the only one that found humor in it. There is a very real possibility that one of the deputies could have been hurt... its just the manner of how he aproached it is what I found amuzing. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

BBFDMedic28

Forum Crew Member
Damn I knew shouldnt have slept during EMT class.

Last edited by a moderator:

paramediclori

Forum Probie
I would like to make sure that it is known that I was not attempting in anyway to slander the police at all. I'm sure I'm not the only one that found humor in it. There is a very real possibility that one of the deputies could have been hurt... its just the manner of how he aproached it is what I found amuzing. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

I am sure you didn't offend anyone, how many times have you said something and two seconds later, thought, wow, that was dumb! I know I have. In fact, my partner and I walked into a scene the other day and fire was doing CPR. My partner asks, "Is this a class one?" HAHA It happens.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
In all honesty, my reaction to that question, since I work with most of the cops around here on a regular basis, would most likely be.. Really? Ya think so? Way cool!