What Music do you listen to?

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I would rather have a tension pneumo, femur fx, AAA, and traumatic head injury than listen to a single rap song. :p

And I'd take them all at once!^_^

When I played football in HS the guys played rap on a boombox as loud as it would go in the locker-room before games, and I was the only guy who hated it, so I was usually voted under.:wacko:

NRNCEMT

Forum Crew Member
Metal, Rock, Classical, Country, Techno, Big Band, Rap. <--In that order.

I love all kinds of music, as long as it has a story behind it...that's why I'm not a big fan of "Rap", it just repeats the same thing over and over and over. But I'll listen to anything as long as it sounds good.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Didn't we do a thread about our own personal code 3 themesongs?

Right now I'm exploring Randy Newman and Tom Petty.
For code three listening pleasure, I'd want a dialogue-free copy of the orchestra-to-band version of VanHalen's "Human's Being" ("BELTZEEEERRRRR!!")
from the movie "Twister" (scene: "Walk in the Woods").

emtfarva

Forum Captain
let see,

Counrty; Cash, Brooks and a bunch of the new stuff
Rock; ANYTHING, a bit of the hard stuff, old stuff, new stuff, power balads, and the hair bands
Alterinative; need I say more
Pop; depends on my mood and the what the scan buttons stops on

It is sad but I can go from Britney Spears to Garth to Disturbed to NIN to Taylor Swift to Journey and back all on the same transport. Thank god i work in EMS, I don't think I would fit in with any other world!

rescuepoppy

Forum Lieutenant
Classic rock, southern rock, mostly stuff from the 70's or early 80's. Telling my age here but you just can't beat "old timey rock and roll"

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
I listen to anything that falls in between hatebreed and willie nelson.

Actually that's all I really enjoy now is rock and country. Rock covers a very broad range though pretty much 80's and newer rock some heavy, some pop-punk, and some country from any era. Older country is better than the newer but I really like a few of the modern singers.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Disturbed, Sevendust, Pantera, Metallica for a PT session. 80's music to chill(Depeche Mode, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Rocky IV Soundtrack, Journey, and such). Hard House music for car trips, or a long run.

KempoEMT

Forum Lieutenant
I Love Country, Rock, Alternative, pop, a little bit of rap, pop.

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm into the really heavy deathcore/death metal/metalcore/hardcore/[insert infinite amount of subgenres here]. Bands like Whitechapel, God Forbid, All That Remains, All Shall Perish, Impending Doom, Scar Symmetry, etc, etc.

However, I'm a very music-oriented individual. I grew up listening to the oldies and classic rock, went through my wigger stage (and still enjoy listening to all sorts of hip-hop, rap, R&B, etc), my country stage (again, still enjoy the music). I will give any song, artist or group a fair chance. Stick it in my ear :)ph34r:) and I'll listen.

Afflixion

Forum Captain
Anything really though I mostly like hardcore and metal but anything....

Hatebreed, Killswitch Engage, Incubus, Otep, Bullet For my Valentine, DJ Quicksilver, Paul Wall, Funeral for a Friend, Evergreen Terrace, Deftones, Muse, Action Action, Bright Eyes, The Faint, Dope, Goldfinger, Static X, Rascall Flatts, Breaking Benjamin, Brad Paisley, Cynic, DJ Rap, VNV Nation, Razed in Black.

Just to name a few from the top of my head.

guardian528

Forum Lieutenant
country and classic rock. all you need.

right now there is a big techno faze rolling through college campuses. it's really annoying, and every house party you go to has some weird electronic rave stuff going on. because of this i am subjected to it on a daily basis, but alas, it will never take me alive

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
BB King, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Gary Moore, Eric Clapton, Albert King, Buddy Guy, Muddy Waters, Robert Cray, etc. etc. etc. B)

Last edited by a moderator:

mct601

RN/NRP
Title says it all. My personal taste is heavy stuff and premo-screamo but I also like old school motown songs.

Some bands I like:
Breaking Benjamin
Disturbed
Chevelle
Bullet for my Valentine
Mudvayne
Slipknot
Metallica (mostly older stuff)
Foo Fighters
Incubus
Red
Linkin Park
The Offspring
Audioslave
Seether
30 Seconds to Mars
Shinedown
System of a Down
Trapt

Nice taste in music. I love those bands, especially Shinedown and BFMV.

Anything really though I mostly like hardcore and metal but anything....

Hatebreed, Killswitch Engage, Incubus, Otep, Bullet For my Valentine, DJ Quicksilver, Paul Wall, Funeral for a Friend, Evergreen Terrace, Deftones, Muse, Action Action, Bright Eyes, The Faint, Dope, Goldfinger, Static X, Rascall Flatts, Breaking Benjamin, Brad Paisley, Cynic, DJ Rap, VNV Nation, Razed in Black.

Just to name a few from the top of my head.

I love Killswitch Engage. Favorite band, period.

So I guess here's my list (absolute favorites)

Killswitch Engage
Avenged Sevenfold (old and new)
Bullet for my Valentine
Trivium (Ascendacy and Shogun albums)
Shinedown
Five Finger Death Punch
Trapt
Seether

I listen to alot of rock, of all kinds. I can't really get into older rock or death/black metal and screamo. Killswitch and Trivium are as "hardcore" as they get for me. I can't really get into rap/hip-hop (older stuff is good) and growing up in Mississippi has burned me out of country.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
90's rock

Alternative rock

Anywhere from Hoobastank to 3 Doors Down, to Limp Bizkit, Default, Barenaked Lades, etc etc etc

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
Practically everything.

And I mean everything. Lots of people say they listen to "everything", but what they really mean is "everything on the radio or MTV". I used to pride myself on being the only person in my high school to have Dream Theater, Bach, Metallica, Charles Barkley, Children of Bodom, Buckethead, Miles Davis, Old Crow Medicine Show, DHT, Alice In Chains, Led Zeppelin, T-Pain, Aerosmith, KISS, Death, Kelly Clarkson, Vivaldi, Joe Pass, the Crystal Method, DragonForce, Rush, Tool, Bill Hicks, and Eagle Eye Cherry on the same mp3 player.

Last edited by a moderator:

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
Practically everything.

And I mean everything. Lots of people say they listen to "everything", but what they really mean is "everything on the radio or MTV". I used to pride myself on being the only person in my high school to have Dream Theater, Bach, Metallica, Charles Barkley, Children of Bodom, Buckethead, Miles Davis, Old Crow Medicine Show, DHT, Alice In Chains, Led Zeppelin, T-Pain, Aerosmith, KISS, Death, Kelly Clarkson, Vivaldi, Joe Pass, the Crystal Method, DragonForce, Rush, Tool, Bill Hicks, and Eagle Eye Cherry on the same mp3 player.

I'm with you, there.

Just for the amusement I put my iPod on shufle:

Lamb of God, Collective Soul, Vanilla Fudge (a 60's psychedelic band for those who don't know), A Day to Remember, a theatrical song from The Island movie soundtrack, Misery Signals, Comeback Kid, The Lonely Island, Killswitch Engage, 36 Crazyfists, NaS (hip hop), Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam), Iron Maiden, theatrical song from Batman: The Dark Knight soundtrack...

I could go on forever like that.