What kinda car do you drive? /more questons

mfrjason

Forum Lieutenant
That really varies by state,city and the dept. Now where I am we are allowed to equip our cars but still have to drive normally. We are allowed some privileges. But all it takes is one person being a cowboy for all of us to lose our privileges also. Keep in mind it is a privilege not a right. Just like our vollie FD , the chief allows us to put lights on our cars, but he will not ok it for us to run firefighter license plates. Which I feel is dumb,but that is an example of how things can vary. All our sister depts in our county and all the EMS people can run firefighter, squad plaes and ema ,ems plates.

I agree with you,it is dumb.

mfrjason

Forum Lieutenant
To me it doesnt really matter what the vehicle looks like just as long as it can get you to the scene or the station is important.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I've got a 1997 Ford Crown Victoria LX (P73), with 191,300 miles on it.

I've had it for a year, and aside from some recent wet-weather starting problems... I love it. It is a fun car to drive... and was CHEAP when I bought it used last year... with 180,000 miles on it.

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
1992 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition, like the ones used in the first Jurassic Park movies minus the jungle color palette. Its pretty much played out and begging for retirement everytime it whines when I start it up. lol. Hopefully in a few months I'll have me a 98 or 99 model year truck of sorts. I am leaning towards a Ford Explorer Sportrac.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Removed - Jon

Last edited by a moderator:

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
I was in the ER last night :( for asthma (I am home and ok) and over heard some EMTs talking, saying "most EMTs drive SUVs because they are used to driving ambulances which are also high up" Do you find this to be true? What kind of car do you all drive?

I have an old 1994 Ford Explorer. It reacts kind of like some of our rigs. heh. It also spends time offroad, too.

StrokedOut

Forum Crew Member
2005 Honda Civic - Loaded (and red, oh so red)

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
'05 Jeep Liberty CRD, and a '79 Jeep CJ 5

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

Mercy4Angels

Forum Lieutenant
1999 maxima and 2001 pathfinder

rgnoon

Forum Lieutenant
Jeep

I too drive a jeep.

2002 Jeep Liberty...I have literally beaten the poor thing since it was new and it has never complained. It even gets me through the commute to and from Newark when the Passaic river floods or when the essex county potholes start to swallow lesser cars.

PCB

Forum Ride Along
Yeah for Jeeps!!

I have a 98 Grand Cherokee, a 97 Nissan (165000 and still gets 28mpg) and a 05 Pontiac G6. The poor Jeep only gets broke out in deep snow or when responding POV to remote farms, due to 15mpg.

PC

Jay114

Forum Crew Member
2001 Chevy van. My 95 dilapidated Volvo wagon slumps in my driveway, staring at me forlornly whenever it gets the chance...

TraumaJunkie

Forum Crew Member
car21647.jpg

TraumaJunkie

Forum Crew Member
00100a4vt.jpg

im not sure if the image thing will work. but if it doesnt i drive a Nissan Xterra with strobe lights in the turn signals, the fog and back up lights. it really looks sweet lit up at night.

mfrjason

Forum Lieutenant
I know a guy,as a matter of fact him and I went to high school together and he drives a Ford F-150 Lightning, and it looks so cool with the strobe light he has on its roof.

mfrjason

Forum Lieutenant
With lights on your vehicle your not going for looks your going for attention cuz if you have enough lights on your vehicle you will get noticed and most likely you will get the right of way from alot more people.
When I had my Beretta I had a mini-bar on the roof and wig-wags, I wanted to put flashers in the rear window,tail-light flashers and flashers on the front bumper.

Pablo the Pirate

Forum Crew Member
so i guess i have the newest car on here...I just got '07 Saturn Aura its black and its beautiful and a real pleasure to drive. I also have '87 Jeep Cherokee. my heart belongs to jeeps there is nothing like a jeep. some day i hope to get a new one