What kinda car do you drive? /more questons

GayEMTNJ

Forum Probie
Jeeper Here

I first had a Toyota Corolla. I laughed because I was told that I never get anywhere in the snow in that. I told them they didn't grow in the city. The city uses a concept called "solar plowing" and so I got very adept at driving anything in the snow. One of my friends used to have to parellel park his '72 Impala on his street (one way street with cars on the side) in the snow.

When the corolla died, I got a Jeep Grand Cherokee. That just passed to the next life and now I'm driving a Jeep Liberty diesel. :)

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh God.

I hope it's not an 01 Sonata. And if it is, I'll send all my good karma waves his way.

Hey, I drive a 2001 Sonata. The back brakes are bad, it makes the "thud, thud, duh, duh, clunk, thud" noise until it warms up, it still gets 25-27 miles to the gallon, it has 150,000 mile on it, and the rear bumper is missing.

I think it used to be blue...but now it is more a combo of colors. Really, it has character...not sure what kind of character, but its there.

I might buy a new car once I put on my medic and the ink dries on the license.

wolfwyndd

Forum Captain
1997 Jeep TJ (Wrangler). I have a total of 3 inches of lift on it and 31 inch tires (stock tires are 28), but I've had it since before I became a FF/EMT. I've got a siren in it already but don't have a light on top. Hope to have that resolved in the next couple of weeks.

hitechredneckemt

Forum Crew Member
I have mine all decked out full light bar, grill lights and siren. Still looking to add some more lights.

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
okay okay okay... i have a 1994 Plymouth sundance with a 5 speed transmission (clutch just went today) it needs some body work, it has 186000 on it, a full size code lp6000 4 rotator light bar, head light strobes, tail light strobes, dash meiser 2 knock off, and can haul when i need it to. at one oint, i had a 1994 dodge ram 2500 dually with 108,000 on the clocl and a v10 magnum under the hood... i actually got better gas milage on that with a heavy or messed up trailer hooked up to it. 12mpg empty, 16 mpg loaded!?!?!?!

and the reason for all of the lights... i sell them.

Pamela

Forum Crew Member
I haven't actually introduced myself yet but I've been lurking for a bit. I got my first responder in high school. I was doing pre-med in college but then life happened and I got married and my husband deployed and now I'm starting my EMT-B classes next week. :)

Anyways I drive an 06 GT Mitsubshi Eclipse manual with full sound (it's my baby) and we also have an 04 F150 supercrew

kmaston

Forum Ride Along
I drive a 1999 Suzuki Intruder LC 1500. Red and white paint with lots and lots -o- chrome. Tons of fun till the road gets slick. Then I break out the '98 Chevy K2500 (1/2 ton 4wd) with extended cab.B)

medicp94dao

Forum Crew Member
I now drive a '94 Camaro, but used to drive '89 Jeep Cherokee and '91 Ford Explorer.