What flashlight do you carry?

MackTheKnife

BSN, RN-BC, EMT-P, TCRN, CEN

teedubbyaw

Forum Deputy Chief
I have a Fenix PD35 that I ended up putting on my rifle. My new carry light is a Nitecore P12. Just as good as the fenix, and cheaper. I like that it has a 10lumen setting that can be used to check pupils.

And I kindly disagree about higher lumen lights not being usable for pupil examination. You don't have to shine the entire beam into the eye...

Last edited by a moderator:

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
One of my co workers is the rescue Randy has two flashlights, trauma shears, pocket mask and a bunch of other things in his bdu pockets. I just use my phone when need be.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
One of my co workers is the rescue Randy has two flashlights, trauma shears, pocket mask and a bunch of other things in his bdu pockets. I just use my phone when need be.
I find myself using my flashlight on my cell phone all the time after Apple added the flashlight feature to the iPhone.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
Pelican 1920 in my pen pocket, also 511 ATAC A2 in my pants. At night I'll carry either a pelican 8060 or the Home Depot 3C LED light. Ours built like a Mag but half priced and LED

samiam

Amazing Member
Had a surefire got a fenix and also this is weird but I found a chepo coleman that is one of the best long distance flashlights I have ever used. The throw is soooo sooo far I use it for boating at night goes 5x further then my fenix tk15.

MackTheKnife

BSN, RN-BC, EMT-P, TCRN, CEN
I have a Fenix PD35 that I ended up putting on my rifle. My new carry light is a Nitecore P12. Just as good as the fenix, and cheaper. I like that it has a 10lumen setting that can be used to check pupils.

And I kindly disagree about higher lumen lights not being usable for pupil examination. You don't have to shine the entire beam into the eye...
Wow! I've got a Fenix TA-30 on my LWRC and I'm putting my PD35 on my 300 BLK.