What do you use to take notes on a call?

What do you use as a notepad?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
<_<

nemedic

Forum Captain
I tend to have a nearly photographic memory for everything but times (but the dispatcher gives them to me at the end of the call anyways). For the times that the batteries for the camera either run out, or I forget to put them in, there is the small spiral notebook and/or FR that is along on the call.

ClarkEMS

Forum Probie
My fire department has a note pad that works really great on scenes. It lists all of the information that is needed from the patient and makes it very easy and organized to keep track of what information you have.

OP
OP
adamjh3

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
I suppose I should have made option 4 "Other" and option 5 "I don't take notes."

D'oh.

Medic One

Forum Lieutenant
I created a pad with the basic info needed...you all you use a copy of it.

The info is basically an excel or word document...This is a photo of what I use. I just made it so it print 6 per page cut and staple to cardboard in my pad holder.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 245

BorderDog

Forum Probie
One of the Medics that I was training with carried a dry erase marker with him. On the inside of most ambulances are smooth flat surfaces in which dry erase markers work very well (and come off very well too).

Lucid21

Forum Ride Along
One of the Medics that I was training with carried a dry erase marker with him. On the inside of most ambulances are smooth flat surfaces in which dry erase markers work very well (and come off very well too).

One of our medics actually use dry erase markers and write on the window when he needs to, or on a plastic cabinet door.

atropine

Forum Captain
What do you mean by notes?, we have an MDC mounted to our ambulance and engine and the dispatcher can update notes anytime they get more info.

JPINFV

Gadfly
More like writing down exam findings, vital signs, etc that can be transferred later to the PCR so that you can try to keep down cross contamination

RDUNNE

Forum Crew Member
I use my gloves to write vitals, times, history, etc. Then when I have an opportunity I copy from the glove to a notepad so I dont have to keep the glove around.

Lucid21

Forum Ride Along
What do you mean by notes?, we have an MDC mounted to our ambulance and engine and the dispatcher can update notes anytime they get more info.

For example, taking patient notes while on scene or in the ambulance. Also MDC's are nice, but they don't always work. Another example of taking notes is when you don't have a working MDC and have to write notes on updates from the radio.

cookiexd40

Forum Crew Member
well since the hospital gives us our sheets i usually write info on the head end of the cot on the sheet so i have it while i give my radio report and then after the radio report i trnasfer that info onto the ePCR before getting to the hospital...although i still have a ahrd time breaking the glove writting habit