What are you listening to?

M3dicalR3dn3ck

Idolizes Johnny and Roy
I'm trying to decide if I should listen to Waylon Jennings, AC/DC, or split the difference and play some Lynyrd Skynyrd and some Doobie Brothers

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
The wind howling outside my truck as I'm stuck for the second day in Nebraska due to the blizzard closing the highway.

At least I'm within walking distance of a Walmart and a few restaurants.

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
The wind howling outside my truck as I'm stuck for the second day in Nebraska due to the blizzard closing the highway.

At least I'm within walking distance of a Walmart and a few restaurants.
I drove an 18 wheeler for a year and got stuck a couple times, in Nebraska, when they closed I-80 due to snow. The truck stop going into Grand Falls was not a good place to be stuck. The snow would freeze and you were risking life and limb to try and walk on that uneven ice to go inside. Another sobering thing was to see the tracks where other 18 wheelers went off of the road. Even more of a wake up was seeing parts of trucks in the vicinity of those tracks. Even here in Texas I have never seen wind as bad as on I-80. A gust blew me from the outside lane to the inside lane going west one time and my truck weight over 78,000 lbs. You have my sympathy.

As an aside, one neat thing about that route is the unbelievable numbers of Canadian geese along all those little ponds where they got road fill dirt from.