What age is appropriate to introduce firearms to your children?

How's Kern County?

It's not bad at all. CCW approval and turnaround varies depending on the individual applying, and their reason for applying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not bad at all. CCW approval and turnaround varies depending on the individual applying, and their reason for applying.

The above being my opinion only.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
You got a CCW in CA?
Quite easily, yes I did. I live in Sacramento County, which is a virtual shall issue county. The process takes time, but as long as your background is clean, it's easy. Many Counties in California are the same way, but not all of them are. Generally speaking, if the county went for Hillary Clinton in the Nov 16 elections, it's very difficult to get a CCW there. Orange County was nearly Shall Issue until their current Sheriff took over. If you reside in Orange County, you should have your Good Cause Statement reviewed before you submit the application. There are a few trainers there that can do it, but there's only ONE that I would trust. I don't want to flood him, so if you live in OC, PM me and I'll refer you.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
We were chatting up some LASD Deputies the other day at the hospital (they were with a patient another crew brought in) and the talk was about how to carry in your car etc and I ended up asking the question if the new Sherrif was more lenient with issuing CCWs....they kinda just laughed and confirmed if you're not a cop or reserve cop don't hold your breath
LA County won't change unless they get a Sheriff that happens to be very lenient. Yes, it is possible to get a CCW there but it is very difficult. Not impossible, but nearly so for most folks. If you're an 830.1 or 830.2 or a Designated Level I Reserve, you do NOT need a CCW to carry as you can carry "on the badge." Same goes if you're LE and have 830.1 powers but aren't specifically listed under 830.1 (not many people qualify for this).

Also, most Deputies do NOT know much about CCW matters beyond what they do to carry. They follow different rules.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Its unfortunate because our Sheriff is fairly lenient here in Riverside Co. It's unfortunate because the list is pretty long and theres only 1 deputy for the whole county for CCW permits. Part of that is due to that fact that RSO can't hire enough deputies.