What AED/Monitor does your service use?

Thricenotrice

Forum Lieutenant
LP12, without auto bp, without capnography, without pulse oximetry. Ghetto!

TxParamedic

Forum Crew Member
LP 12's in the process of ordering new LP 15's. I still miss my LP 10! My Cell phone keeps getting smaller and lighter, When is Apple going to make a defib?

Last edited by a moderator:

EMT B

Forum Captain
we have 5 LP12s (3 are in service and 2 are backup) and a lifepack 15 on our other truck, we have 2 more LP15s on order

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
The LP15 is pretty decent. The only real difference for us was the addition of Rainbow SET and a temp probe. We transitioned to them from the 12s last year and they required no real retraining. We did a couple hours of in service on the differences. Thanks to state grant money, we were able to swap the entire system's monitor inventory at once. (I believe we bought 34 total)

Trashtruck

Forum Captain
LP 15's.

The only thing different from the 12's is we now monitor carboxyhemoglobin.

Oh, and the screen looks cooler.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
LP15s at one service. And M-Series Zolls at the service I haven't picked up a shift at in months. Oh and M-Series at my volly job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
LP 12 for outlying stations, Phillips for the SSM units in the city, Phillips AEDs for BLS crews.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
So... a question for the services with different manufacturers of BLS AEDs and ALS monitors:

Do you carry adapters to attach the BLS pads to the monitor, or go straight to ripping the pads off and replacing?
Do your services want you to, or do you have the ability to pull data from the AED, and attach to the PCR?

treckker

Forum Probie
So... a question for the services with different manufacturers of BLS AEDs and ALS monitors:

Do you carry adapters to attach the BLS pads to the monitor, or go straight to ripping the pads off and replacing?
Do your services want you to, or do you have the ability to pull data from the AED, and attach to the PCR?

Some do, some don't if it was a zoll AED it will work on a zoll monitor, phillips on phillips, pyso on pyso, other than that you have to replace the pads per most of the manufacturers. In our area AED's for the fire dept are all from grant money. So there are multiple variants in the county. Our SOG is just to replace them. The last thing on a code I want to do is pittle-fart with adapters when I could have just burned a new set with very little fuss. Now as for a data card only the high end AED's have them. I know all the BLS service in this area do not have the data cards on their AED's. You don't tend to see many AED's kicking around that still have the data cards. The Idea behind the AED is make it idiot proof. The more bells and whistles you put on it the more stuff you have to break/lose. Most AED design is based around KISS

islandmedic

Forum Probie
Zoll CCT! Love it!

esmcdowell

Forum Crew Member
Zoll E or M series on EMS units. AED Plus on Fire units.

Cardiac Science AED's on all BLS units and Medical Supervisor units. Phillips monitor/defibrillator combination on all ALS units.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
The fire service I did my internship with, so many years ago, used Zoll 1600's... in both SAED and manual configurations. All the AED's could be switched over to manual mode. The BLS/CCT service I worked for YEARS with used the LP-10, ProPaq Encore, and later used the Zoll M-Series units. At the time I had left there, none of the BLS units were required to have AED units on board, but that requirement was coming down the pike.

One ALS company I worked for used the LP-12 and another used the Zoll M-Series, and yet another used an LP-10 with pacer...

Of all those units I used, I prefer the Zoll M-Series, but I found the LP units relatively easy to adapt to.

Epi-do

I see dead people
Fulltime job is an old Zoll that is bare bones - only 3 leads and a pulse ox, along with the regular monitor capabilities. They keep saying they are going to upgrade to 12-leads, but I've been there almost a year and have yet to see any progress in that direction.

My part time job uses LP15s with all the bells and whistles.

Wes

Forum Lieutenant
My primary volunteer EMS gig has LP-15s with everything except the carbon monoxide capabilities. Love being able to send my code summary into the PCR via Bluetooth.

The other volunteer department I'm on the roster at has LP-12s.

As for the Zoll X series, I've used them before. They seemed to require some tweaking when we first got them at that department. Other than size, I wasn't that blown away.

Christopher

Forum Deputy Chief
Service A (Combined volly/career Fire/EMS):

Zoll X-Series, previously LP-12's. Countywide Zoll products (was Physio-Control previously)

Service B (Career third service EMS):

Philips MRx. Countywide Philips products, except Zoll for IFT and some hospital departments.

Service C (Volunteer industrial fire brigade w/ EMS):

Philips MRx, with 29 Philips AED's (26 FRx, 3 FR2+).