We're Back!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Due to a Denial of Service attack EMTLife has been down 12+ hours in the past week.

There is a first time for everything, and this is the first time in ten years that EMTLife has sustained an attack on this scale.

After many support tickets and a few behind the scenes changes we're back up.

Thanks for your patience!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I was wondering what was going on.

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
I can't even imagine why someone would bother DDoSing this place, was it a shared server issue?

Also, on a somewhat unrelated note, I'm assuming that the board uses OpenSSL for authentication...has it been patched?

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
... Also, on a somewhat unrelated note, I'm assuming that the board uses OpenSSL for authentication...has it been patched?

EMTLife.com doesn't serve any SSL content so this site isn't open to attack.

With that said, members should change passwords occasionally anyway.

Drax

Forum Captain
I'm impressed script kiddies out there would DDoS these forums. It isn't like there is a close comparison anywhere else. Boredom? Staff here isn't abrasive enough to truly offend anyone in my opinion. That is wild.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I'm impressed script kiddies out there would DDoS these forums. It isn't like there is a close comparison anywhere else.

Even after ten years, we're still pretty unique. You, the members, have made the community what it is today.

Boredom? Staff here isn't abrasive enough to truly offend anyone in my opinion. That is wild.

We'll take that as a compliment. :)

Drax

Forum Captain
Even after ten years, we're still pretty unique. You, the members, have made the community what it is today.

We'll take that as a compliment. :)

I would rather be obvious. I'll just go ahead and tell you all you're doing an excellent job moderating these forums and providing advice. Thanks.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I would rather be obvious. I'll just go ahead and tell you all you're doing an excellent job moderating these forums and providing advice. Thanks.

Thank you for the kind words.

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
EMTLife.com doesn't serve any SSL content so this site isn't open to attack.

I love the irony in that sentence. We don't serve secure content which means your information is MORE secure than if we did!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I love the irony in that sentence. We don't serve secure content which means your information is MORE secure than if we did!

HAHA. Truth!

I guess I should have said that it wasn't open to the attack from the Heartbleed bug.