Weirdest call you've ever taken.

EMT533

The Rookie
Just figured some of you all might havesome good stories!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Strange objects inside people's rectums, guy who cut off his penis, naked guy covered head to toe in lube who slipped and knocked himself out, ripped foreskin. Those are the first ones that came to mind

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Plenty of stories....reserved for close friends and family...when hanging out, drinking or idle chit chat.

Nothing worse than my story being adopted by others as their own. Not saying you would do that, but I do not lay out stories on the forum unless there is a teaching moment to be had. Otherwise, those cards are played only with those closest. Some cards never get played.

OP
OP
EMT533

EMT533

The Rookie
Strange objects inside people's rectums, guy who cut off his penis, naked guy covered head to toe in lube who slipped and knocked himself out, ripped foreskin. Those are the first ones that came to mind

Oh wow. Ok wasn't expecting that.

joshrunkle35

EMT-P/RN
The "weirdest" ones, I would agree, are not something to post publicly, and I've only been a medic for 4 years, so I can only imagine the stories of people who have worked 20+ years on the job.

One that's not that weird but always comes to mind as "very memorable" to me was a gang fight that was 40 people vs 2 people. This occurred in a water park, so no one had clothes or shoes to protect themselves to Begin with. The 2 looked like they'd been in a severe car accident, out of the 40, 7 were severely injured.

Basically it was a minor fight and a gang member's 15 year old sister stepped in the middle to try to stop it to keep her brother from going back to jail. She ended up with a broken jaw and severe head trauma. This led it to go from a 2 vs 2 to a 40 vs 2 scenario. Cousins, friends and brothers who had severe injuries had literally punched and kicked so hard that they'd broken their own hands, arms, feet and legs. I've never seen someone hit or kick someone else so hard that they broke their own arm or leg. That was wild to me. Police helped split the groups and my partner and I each took a group to begin triage. I saw a lot since I triaged about 25 people by myself, 7 of which had severe injuries, and I'd only been in EMS for under a month when it happened.

Not weird, just memorable.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Naked on acid?
That's the norm here....

TattooedNay

Forum Crew Member
0300 voluntary eval

Pt: "Are you wearing a bra with an underwire?"
Me: "Uh.. excuse me?"
Pt: "AN UNDERWIRE. You have to be careful. The headlights on cars will bounce off and electrify you. Zip zap zamboo"
Me: " ......."
Pt: "My wife is 300lbs and lives in a shopping cart"
etc etc etc....

Jane

Forum Crew Member
Patient had been bitten in the neck by a friend. Friend fled the scene and went to church.