Water park interview...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Like everyone has said, the interview will probably not involve any EMS related questions. It's a job interview like any other job. Once you get hired you may be put through a written and practical exam but that's going to depend on the park.

I never worked at a water park but I worked as a lifeguard supervisor and beach lifeguard at a couple different beaches. As a supervisor I was involved in a few interviews and we never asked any first aid questions, it was all standard interview stuff. Once they were hired on they went through a "lifeguard academy", swim test, CPR/AED scenario.

Like n7 said usually EMS and Lifeguards are separate entities, that's how the park is here.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Silly question, but did tattoos influence decisions to hire?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Silly question, but did tattoos influence decisions to hire?

As long as it wasn't offensive in nature it wasn't a big deal although they were supposed to be covered at my first job where I was a supervisor. Unfortunately I had to lead by example and wear a sleeve on my leg and a t-shirt all the time because of mine but in the end the sun isn't good for them anyways so it was probably for the better.

Second job didn't care at all, nearly all the staff had ink somewhere on their body and as long as it wasn't offensive you didn't have to cover it.

Last edited by a moderator: