Wanted: Good Computer Person

Sasha

Forum Chief
I need someone good with computers who knows what drivers are, how to update them and where to update them.

PM me.

KillTank

Forum Lieutenant
Its very simple...Depending on the make and model of the device you are trying to upgrade depends on if it is available on line for download or if you need the ugly black looking thingy to shove in your computer tower. anywho... say for instance it is a cdrw drive. First you will look through the CD's that was sent to you with the computer. The cd might say "install kit" or "windows drivers". if this cannot be found you may need to go to the website of the company who made your computer (Dell, Acer, Gateway, ect..) and check there. If you cannot find it on there website then do a google search of the company who makes the cdrw drive (or what ever hardware you are having trouble with) and see if you can find a driver off there. Installing drivers are very easy and simple. Its finding em that is hard. good luck

You could also call customer support but you would end up talking to some dude named Ryan that lives in India.

medic417

The Truth Provider
You could also call customer support but you would end up talking to some dude named Ryan that lives in India.

Ryan? I always get Bob or Joe.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Ryan? I always get Bob or Joe.

Nah nah mate it's Haaj or Pranoosh or something .... bloody hell they drive me spare!

As has been said; the drivers should be on the manufacturers website or CD that comes with _____ (whatever here) or already installed with Windows.

What are you trying to install?

ResTech

Forum Asst. Chief
Drivers are software that allows hardware to interface with the computer operating system. There are several different ways to go about updating system drivers depending on the operating system installed.

Some drivers are downloadable as executable (.exe) files that you just double-click while others are there own proprietary format. Most often, you install or update drivers by going into the device manager in Windows by right-clicking "My Computer" in XP or "Computer" in Vista and then clicking the device manager. Find the hardware in the list you want to update, right-click, then "update driver software" and browse to where the saved driver files are on the hard drive.

Windows Update is also a source of updating and installing drivers as well.

Not sure of your specific problem but hope this helps.

OP
OP
Sasha

Sasha

Forum Chief
Hahaha. Thanks guys, I posted this months ago and pretty much figured it out. However, when playing a game, my display driver often stops working and makes the screen go black. Can someone fix this for me?

medic417

The Truth Provider
Hahaha. Thanks guys, I posted this months ago and pretty much figured it out. However, when playing a game, my display driver often stops working and makes the screen go black. Can someone fix this for me?

Easy fix. Don't play the game.

OP
OP
Sasha

Sasha

Forum Chief
Easy fix. Don't play the game.

but I love the game :[ It's the Sims 3, I even made a sim you. You are currently a nurse, very close to the next promotion, and you married Sim Vent, who is a Resident, and had three Sim Babies. Sim Rid married Sim Aidey and Sim JPINFV married Sim Daedalus. The rest of my SimLifers are unmarried, a couple of them died in a horrible cooking accident...

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider
but I love the game :[ It's the Sims 3, I even made a sim you. You are currently a nurse, very close to the next promotion, and you married Sim Vent, who is a Resident, and had three Sim Babies. Sim Rid married Sim Aidey and Sim JPINFV married Sim Daedalus. The rest of my SimLifers are unmarried, a couple of them died in a horrible cooking accident...

:unsure::wacko:

OP
OP
Sasha

Sasha

Forum Chief
:unsure::wacko:

Hey.. after awhile you run out of ideas for sim people.. so I made a sim EMTLife. So far it's been pretty accurate personality wise and such.

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
Hey.. after awhile you run out of ideas for sim people.. so I made a sim EMTLife. So far it's been pretty accurate personality wise and such.

Lol that's fantastic, I think screenshots of all the SimLifers are in order :p

OP
OP
Sasha

Sasha

Forum Chief
Lol that's fantastic, I think screenshots of all the SimLifers are in order :p

When I get some time.. although I'm sorry to inform you, you are one of the sims who died in the horrible cooking accident. You just wouldn't friggin move! However I can take a picture of your ghost and/or your grave. It's nice. It has a flower.

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
When I get some time.. although I'm sorry to inform you, you are one of the sims who died in the horrible cooking accident. You just wouldn't friggin move! However I can take a picture of your ghost and/or your grave. It's nice. It has a flower.

lol, I guess I'm pretty lazy like that, too lazy to move out of a fire ;)

medic417

The Truth Provider
OP
OP
Sasha

Sasha

Forum Chief
I am offended. I am not bald and I have muscles. :angry:

You have a tuft of hair on the top of your head. And I don't do mustaches. They made you shave it for your job at the hospital :[

medic417

The Truth Provider
You have a tuft of hair on the top of your head. And I don't do mustaches. They made you shave it for your job at the hospital :[

Not since the 80's.

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh. My . God!

and...

I LOVE IT!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Too funny...

And I have no doubt that I look something like this
angry11.gif