Wanted a new JOB in another State

medic417

The Truth Provider
Really cause I was told I could get a temp medic license there til I got the NR. Hmmm :)

They misunderstood you probably because of that weird Florida accent. :D

Veneficus

Forum Chief

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Do the jump suits come in any other color except orange?

"HI I am one of the HEMS doctors, I escaped, so can you!"

If you want green, go to England :p

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Do the jump suits come in any other color except orange?

"HI I am one of the HEMS doctors, I escaped, so can you!"

Our SERT (special emergency response team) Intensive Care Paramedics wear green one-piece boiler suit / overalls sort of like what a mechanic wears. It is literally a plain green pair of overalls with "Intensive Care Paramedic" written on them.

The land based Intensive Care Paramedics seconded to ad-hoc PRN helicopter duties wear green and fluro yellow helicopter jumpsuits

stjhems.jpg

Full time HEMS Paramedics wear red helicopter jumpsuits

westpachems.jpg

On the occasions my friend who is an Anaes Reg has gone on the chopper he has worn red.

I plan to just pay seven hundred pound for one of the orange ones :D

SoCal

Forum Crew Member
Come to NV

Contact AMR here in Las Vegas, they are always hiring and if they aren't MedicWest is. They pay decent and the cost of living is really low. And if you decide to go to medic school, there will be even more oppertunity out here.

Phlipper

Forum Lieutenant
Contact AMR here in Las Vegas, they are always hiring and if they aren't MedicWest is. They pay decent and the cost of living is really low. And if you decide to go to medic school, there will be even more oppertunity out here.

Don't tease the poor guy, he's from FayetteNam and now living in West Virginia. Hasn't he suffered enough? :p

Phlipper
(Currently suffering in Fayettenam)

LonghornMedic

Forum Lieutenant

Go to REMSA in Reno. You'll be much happier there than in Las Vegas. I speak from experience.

curt

Forum Crew Member
I'm in the process of applying for a California license (Medic) and they're not making it easy for me. >:{

So far, though, the biggest obstacle is just getting the appropriate funds and resources built up. That and they require a notarization for photocopies of proof of US citizenship (Yes, I am totally going to mail my real and only birth certificate to a state office of EMS on the other end of the country. You guys are tripping balls).

I haven't gone through with it yet, so I don't have much to offer in the way of advice, but the one thing I can tell you is that it seems to be entirely easier for a medic to move to a different state than an I-85. If your wife is willing to wait and you're willing to go the distance, maybe a medic class would work out good for you.