Wanted a new JOB in another State

1badassEMT-I

Forum Lieutenant
EMT-I 22 years exp. Wants to relocate to a better state than WV for more oppertunities.... Wife is a RN she should have no trouble finding work...but me that may be different.

OP
OP
1badassEMT-I

1badassEMT-I

Forum Lieutenant
Brown your a trip with your jump suit!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
Why of course I am :D

Yes good morning its Brown, I am one of the HEMS doctors .... from the helicopter yes .... listen we'd like to bring you a patient ....

Hospital: A patient...we've already got one.

Mr Brown: He says they've already got one...well, do you think we could come in and take a look at them?

Why yes, I do sleep in the helicopter...no, I don't take the jumpsuit off when I shower.

OP
OP
1badassEMT-I

1badassEMT-I

Forum Lieutenant
Hospital: A patient...we've already got one.

Mr Brown: He says they've already got one...well, do you think we could come in and take a look at them?

Why yes, I do sleep in the helicopter...no, I don't take the jumpsuit off when I shower.

Hey I am from NC.....Fayetteville....

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Let's get this thread back on topic please.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
EMT-I 22 years exp. Wants to relocate to a better state than WV for more oppertunities.... Wife is a RN she should have no trouble finding work...but me that may be different.

Some of the rural NM depts are always looking for EMT-Is... And depending on your wifes specialty some of the little hospitals are always looking for 'ICU' and ER nurses.

Although NM is not a NR state you can apply for a provisional 6 month license and you'll get your full license when you take a transition course (it's not too long a course from what I'm told). Although NM EMT-I is about I/85 level

You mean you a) know we exist, b) are not part of Alaska and c) have actually been .... a gold star to you my friend! B)

Yay a gold star! :) I went to NZ and Aus about 8 or nine years ago on a student ambassador trip... Best trip ever :)

Let's get this thread back on topic please.

But what's the fun in that? :p

Don't come to Florida, all the jobs here suck.

But there's an awesome paramedic down there!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
Don't come to Florida, all the jobs here suck.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Don't come to Texas as we don't like people from other states. :angry:

:lol:

Actually if you were Paramedic you would have better chance of getting a job here. As an emt-i not so much.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Actually if you were Paramedic you would have better chance of getting a job here. As an emt-i not so much.

I'll second this :p Not the first part, the second part. I've been applying for various jobs since my EMT-I will transfer adn mostly what they're looking for is EMT-Bs and Paramedics

OP
OP
1badassEMT-I

1badassEMT-I

Forum Lieutenant
Will soon have my medic card..... I am getting out of the fire services and doing just EMS..... Tried of being the Boss .......

Sasha

Forum Chief

I'll be in TX soon enough, and will show them why Florida is better :)

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
1bad, I'm sure your wife will appreciate that.

:ph34r:

Mycrofft, RN/BSN

medic417

The Truth Provider
I'll be in TX soon enough, and will show them why Florida is better :)

Heck we only hire florida Paramedics at a basic level as they are so far behind everyone but new jersey and california.:eek:

Sasha

Forum Chief
Heck we only hire florida Paramedics at a basic level as they are so far behind everyone but new jersey and california.:eek:

Really cause I was told I could get a temp medic license there til I got the NR. Hmmm :)