Veteran's Day

DonQ

Forum Crew Member
Kudos to all Veterans! :) ...belated as it is. Sorry I was out celebrating with my dad.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Thanks. Us veterans are used to having to celebrate in a belated manner. After all, we invented the phrases "Better late than never" and "Hurry up and wait".

I to would like to extend my belated thanks to all of my fellow veterans out there, and to our current men and women in uniform defending this great country. My thoughts and prayers go out to you for a safe return home.

ffemt8978
US Navy, E-6
1989-1997
Operation Just Cause
Operation Desert Shield
Operation Desert Storm

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
D

DonQ

Forum Crew Member
Hey! I didn't know you were in Desert Shield and Desert Storm...my dad was in those too. Army though...He was in the 1st Armored Cavalry Division. 132 task force I think. Based out of Fort Hood, Texas :) Hooah!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Thanks Scott for everything you and the other soliders do.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by DonQ@Nov 13 2004, 12:54 AM
...my dad was in those too.
Talk about making me feel old... :(

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Hear hear. Thank you to all who've had the courage and honor to put on our nation's uniform (whichever branch it may be) and serve. And an even greater thank you to all who've made the utlimate sacrifice.

On a related note, this weekend brought some sad news for me. Lt. James P. (J.P.) Blecksmith, USMC, who went to HS with myself and another member of my FD, was killed in action near Fallujah, Iraq. His older brother was in my sister's class, and I was one of the football coaches during his freshman year on the team. He went on to be a great QB for our school before going to Annapolis and the Corps.

Pasadena Star News - San Marino Marine, 24, killed in action in Iraq

Again, thank you all, and thank you J.P.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I'm not sure how I missed this one, I certainly was aware of veterans day.

SafetyPro, sorry to hear that, I got chills down my spine when I heard that. I can't say I fully support the war, but I absolutely support our troops.

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Thanks Matt. He was buried with full military honors yesterday...over 1,000 people came out for his funeral. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go, but it's heartening to know that people do care.