Vests as uniforms

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
That's the newest one we're issued. Required to wear the ballistic anytime we're in the field. It can come off at hospital, HQ or court.View attachment 4173
With a front zip up is there no ballistic protection up front or is it just soft armor?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
If the owners of my company had their way, I'd be working in a tuxedo. They're hyperfocused on image(right, wrong, or indifferent). Shabby looking vest over a tee shirt? I'd have a better chance of getting a forehead mounted marital aid approved than that getup.
Your ambulances have blue stripes on them right?

Do they still make you wear wool blend pants?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Not only blue, but that particular shade of blue.

The pants are poly. The wool blend is an option.
When I worked there (right when they reopened) there were no other options. On the upside I learned how to iron when I was 19. Their attention to image is as you say about fanatical... but when I look at other places it does make me happy that they enforce looking good. Just wish some places were more practical with it.

SpecialK

Forum Captain
The cops have had vests for almost 10 years now I think?

6652500.jpg

They looked at the "load-bearing" vest but they have a ton of stuff; taser, spray, ASP, handcuffs, radio all goes on their belt at the moment; ambulance personnel do not have the same level of personal equipment.

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
When I worked there (right when they reopened) there were no other options. On the upside I learned how to iron when I was 19. Their attention to image is as you say about fanatical... but when I look at other places it does make me happy that they enforce looking good. Just wish some places were more practical with it.

For the record, I said hyperfocused, not fanatical. One I think has a more negative connotation, and I was going for a more nebulous statement.

I only mention it for the sake of posterity in the event one of the you know who's happens by this thread. I'm sure you understand, being a former employee yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

VinceVega91

Forum Probie
Our city runs a third service EMS system and makes us wear actual bullet proof vests for the whole 12 hour shift. The only times we can take them off is when we’re at quarters or at the hospital.

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Our city runs a third service EMS system and makes us wear actual bullet proof vests for the whole 12 hour shift. The only times we can take them off is when we’re at quarters or at the hospital.

You work for the same service I do?