unconscious patients and stairs

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
A flat or a mega mover. Fire responds to all EMS calls here so no need to call for a lift assist.

OP
OP
L

leonardo pistachio

Forum Probie
thank you everyone for the input and answers, i am seeking a job in NYC, and am just trying to learn as much as i can about the way "ya'll" do things :p

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
thank you everyone for the input and answers, i am seeking a job in NYC, and am just trying to learn as much as i can about the way "ya'll" do things :p

That makes sence why you were asking about stairs lol.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Can anyone tell me why lift assist is always there when you dont need them but never availible for the 500 pounder??

All depends on your area. Fire responds to all EMS calls so if we need an assist they are already there. And if we don't need an assist then we cancel them.

small-town-EMT

Forum Ride Along
unfortuantaely we dont always have that luxery with being on a volunteer dept we cant always get a full engine crew, i mean its a great day if we get 3 to a squad

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Can anyone tell me why lift assist is always there when you dont need them but never availible for the 500 pounder??
a lift assist is ALWAYS available, you just have to be patient. call the FD, if they are not available, request a mutual aid company. Call another EMS unit to assist, if you can't get a second crew, request a mutual aid crew. as the cops if they can send 3 or 4 guys over to assist.

you might have to be patient, but it isn't worth hurting yourself over it.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
a lift assist is ALWAYS available, you just have to be patient. call the FD, if they are not available, request a mutual aid company. Call another EMS unit to assist, if you can't get a second crew, request a mutual aid crew. as the cops if they can send 3 or 4 guys over to assist.

you might have to be patient, but it isn't worth hurting yourself over it.

+1. There are alot of different people that you can use to help. If you need to move the person bad enough and no mutual aid is there get some civilians to help.