unable to use BB code in signiture

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I was trying to use some BB code (after selecting the use BB code) to include a picture in my signature, and while it says the changes have been saved, they don't appear to actually be saving.

is this a bug or an intentional setting? and if it's an intentional setting, why is the option available?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I remember hearing it was not allowed, but they couldn't eliminate the coding from the forum.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I was trying to use some BB code (after selecting the use BB code) to include a picture in my signature, and while it says the changes have been saved, they don't appear to actually be saving.

is this a bug or an intentional setting? and if it's an intentional setting, why is the option available?
Intentional setting. BB code is allowed, pictures are not. I'm not sure why the option is there, probably just standard coding for the editor options.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Intentional setting. BB code is allowed, pictures are not. I'm not sure why the option is there, probably just standard coding for the editor options.

That's a huge thing I loved about working with VB in the past. It was a modular setup created with PHP require/include("");'s. Load up the replybox.php and simply comment out the code that has the image upload / insert button and it's no longer an option!

VB wasn't exactly user friendly though for non-techies ;)

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
VB wasn't exactly user friendly though for non-techies
I think vB was much easier to navigate and modify than xF. However, I will admit, my interest in online communities was peaked during that time. I think vB 3.7-8.x series was some of the best forum software on the market. Future versions have been
censored.gif