Ummm...

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
I had an outpatient surgery on my foot today. I'm not a good patient, it killed! I had to get 6 extra lido shots because I could feel everything he was doing! Now my toe is throbbing and burning and all I can do is take Tylenol (no Alleve or Advil until tomorrow). :( so not a good patient.

Margaritaville

Forum Lieutenant
rescuecapt,

Hope you feel better Soon!!! its ok to be a bad patient! (Although I am sure you were not as bad as you thought you were lol) :)

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by Margaritaville@Mar 22 2005, 08:13 PM
rescuecapt,

Hope you feel better Soon!!! its ok to be a bad patient! (Although I am sure you were not as bad as you thought you were lol) :)
Hehe... thanks. I felt bad for the doc, he was so surprised I could still feel everything. About halfway through I realized all of my muscles were tensed up and that was probably contributing to the lido not being fully effective - so I took a deep breath and relaxed all my muscles and closed my eyes... he thought I passed out!!! Oops.

I'm surviving... only kicked the affected area once. D'oh! OK, going to bed now, have a good night everyone!

hitchick

Forum Ride Along
Ahh, sympathetic vomit syndrome. Luckily (or not) since I have two kids I'm not so prone to it anymore. My daughter had sort of a trick tummy - sometimes food stayed down, sometimes not - and once you've caught a few recycled hotdogs barehanded the vomit ceases to be an issue.

I almost lost it tho during my first ride-along a few weeks ago. I was stuck in the back of the ambulance while driving around and...well...I've been known to get carsick, on occasion. So I'm nauseated already when we go pick up this lady who is massively, massively drunk on what had to have been the cheapest form of malt liquor available. She wants mental health services so off we have to go on a 20 minute jaunt to the closest hospital with a mental health ward. Lo and behold, five minutes into the ride, the spewing begins and UGGGGGGH. I didn't even get any on me but it was in my clothes, my hair, my sinuses...I'm not much of a beer drinker. If I were, I'd have been *MAD* at that chick because after that night I cannot stand the smell of beer, ever again. I have no idea how I managed not to boot all over the place myself.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome to our VERY OWN mental health ward.

Jon

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
I haven't had too many people vomit in the back of a rig I've been in...yet. I'm okay as long as I dont see it being done. I can hear it, see it after, but not during. The smell is nasty, I admit. Sometimes they can't help it, so I just remember that it's not their fault and what kind of example I would be setting if I lost my lunch. I can imagine them thinking that if the person trying to help me cant stand the sight of a little vomit, what can they handle? But thats just me. Its all mental. I've worked it all out with myself. :p

emtchicky156

Forum Crew Member
I dont mind vomit hate the smell but what are you gonna do. We had a frequent flyer who used to vomit every transport. It was always a fight as to who was gonna drive. haha

CodeSurfer

Forum Captain
yep.... feeling sick is bad enough. add riding backwards in an older ambulance with worn out shocks and blamo... here comes breakfast!

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
So used to seeing the vomit, suctioning, or even the code brown as long, it's not the femunda smell (you know from under there) Can we start dispensing soap & water & a good scrub brush ?

Be safe,

Ridryder 911

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Vomit is not so bad...its the brown stuff that gets me every time. I didn't even like to change my babies diapers....UGH!! That smell!!!