Trying to find a job

smccully

Forum Ride Along
I just got my EMT-Basic with the National Registry and the State of Texas, having trouble finding employment can anyone help? I would like to work in Conroe, Texas preferably, but Houston would be okay. Thanks in advance for help

OP
OP
S

smccully

Forum Ride Along
Trying to find EMT-Basic job

I live in Splendora, Texas and just got my EMT- Basic National Register and state cert. I have 2 years with volunteer EMS service and 4 years as first responder/firefighter with volunteer service, can't find jo can someone help?? Thanks in advance!!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Duplicate threads merged.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
I just got my EMT-Basic with the National Registry and the State of Texas, having trouble finding employment can anyone help? I would like to work in Conroe, Texas preferably, but Houston would be okay. Thanks in advance for help

Look online or read the Chronicle. There are over 400 private services in the Houston metro area and many are looking for EMT-B IFT help.

AlphaButch

Forum Lieutenant
Do a search through the TSDHS database for providers in Conroe or Splendora. Grab the phonebook. Google. Ask the staff at nursing homes and hospitals near you who runs their transports. Join Montgomery County's FD.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
Can't seem to find any, any other suggestions?

http://www.simplyhired.com/a/jobs/list/q-EMT/l-houston,+tx./pn-4

http://jobsearch.local-jobs.monster..._n=hjnpsearch&ch=houstonchronicle&cy=us&brd=1

http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=EMT&l=Houston,+TX

These should help you get started. Also do a google search for ambulance services in Houston. Apply to them. There are ALWAYS EMT-B positions open in Houston, you just have to find them.

You are going to have a hard time finding a full-time EMT position in the Conroe area. NorthStar and K&G are the two that typically cover that area for non-emergent IFT calls. NorthStar isn't hiring for their Woodlands station, but K&G may be looking for an EMT. Honestly I don't know.

As far as 911 goes, it's not happening for you at the EMT-B level. MCHD is all ALS.

If you don't mind a bit of a drive, Liberty County EMS is hiring EMT-B's. Give them a call as well.

EMT Phares

Forum Probie
I just got my numbers as an EMT-B in Kentucky and have so far had zero luck trying to get a job in EMS around here. It can be highly frustrating at times... :(

kymedic25

Forum Crew Member
I just got my numbers as an EMT-B in Kentucky and have so far had zero luck trying to get a job in EMS around here. It can be highly frustrating at times... :(

Where at in KY? I am originally from there but have been gone for 15 years. I still know some people in the area though.

Trauma_Junkie

No rest for the wicked...

+1
There are quite a few openings in western and northern KY but central KY is a bit more difficult to find a position. I have multiple applications/resumes out up to 2hrs out from my city of residence. Maybe you will have more luck than I have. Kentucky EMS Connection is a good resource.