Tossed in the towel

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
So as of last Friday, I am no longer in EMS. I turned in the helmet, vest, and flight suit and exchanged them for a pair of jeans and a hard hat. Yesterday I started (or I guess technically returned to) my new career in health and safety. I fortunately get to retain my passion for teaching and will be focusing on OSHA, NUCA, and 1st aid / CPR training.

It's kind of surreal actually. I never anticipated leaving the field, but honestly, I haven't looked back and am actually stress free for the first time in a LONG time. Honestly, I thought I would have experienced some form of withdrawl. I don't know, maybe I'll miss it more tomorrow (or not.....).

With the change, I'll be around less than usual to allow me to focus on the new career. I'll probably pop in every now and then just to annoy someone, but wish everyone the best in their careers, wherever they may take you. Keep in touch!

Later........................

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Congrats man! And good luck! You're always welcome around here.

S

Spencer_Oliveira

Well, I hope you enjoy your new carrier! And whatnot. Later. ^_^

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Bro you could have at least given Brown your spot on the helicopter

*Brown goes to the corner and cries while holding Browns orange jumpsuit

JPINFV

Gadfly
Congrats and good luck on your new endeavor.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Best of luck in your new career, although you're always welcome here.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Bro you could have at least given Brown your spot on the helicopter

*Brown goes to the corner and cries while holding Browns orange jumpsuit

Where did you get a prison jumpsuit?

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Bon Voyage!

Thank you for the time you've spent sailing with us. You contributed rightly! Enjoy the new challenges and share with us things we'd never imagine!

...and how could it be about tossing in the towel? You're leaving the ring a Winner!

Last edited by a moderator:

reaper

Working Bum
"LOSER!!!"

Cool man, enjoy the stress free days. While they last!

FrostbiteMedic

Forum Lieutenant
You'll be back on a truck or in a chopper one day......jeans and a hard hat will get boring lol....Anyways, good luck on the new job...

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Excellent!

Now there will be a person in your field who knows something besides what the tech college taught them in two semesters!! I wish I'd been able to do what you did instead of what I wound up doing.