To all of the doubters-

Alas

Forum Crew Member
As some of you have been following up, and bashing my efforts for a job in California, I had an interview earlier this week at a Bay Area ambulance company. It went very well and followed it with a physical test and drug test which was no problem. It is a huge relief to finally get this job after applying to countless companies, waiting and calling for almost a year. To everybody else having trouble applying, and as user "MDA" has advised in his recent post: persistence and patience.
Apply to as many companies you're willing to work at, follow up and call, and most important, stay optimistic! Definitely try and find volunteering opportunities during this period. Get to know other EMT's.

Best of luck to all current EMT's and future EMT's alike, and everybody else.
And thank you, community of EMTlife for helping me up until now.

Alas

MDA

Forum Lieutenant
Congrats, I definitely know the feeling you have. Nothing is better.

I even got a call from another local company today that's finishing up my background stuff (all my references were contacted today, and he told all of them that he has heard nothing buy good stuff about me). So I might be living the dream with two "part-time" jobs at two awesome companies.

Is the company you got picked up an ALS company, or just BLS? Regardless, patient contact is what's important. Learn, learn, learn.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Congratulations.

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
Congrats. I unlike most on here didn't really have a hard time finding jobs but I am also not in cali. I have read several topics on people looking and looking for jobs in cali. Glad that you finally found one. Do your best and you will succeed.