Thought this was cool

Flightorbust

Forum Lieutenant
So I went to denver yesterday. Wile I was out riding I passed one of the hospitals and on there eletronic sign they had a congrats to all EMS worked sign up. I dunno but I thought it was cool

the_negro_puppy

Forum Asst. Chief
2722-suoer-mario-cool-story.jpg

In all seriousness it's good for EMS workers to be getting recognition I guess. The more people that know about EMS hopefully the more recognised as a profession it will become.

Martyn

Forum Asst. Chief
We all got issued an aluminum flashlight in a case with batteries from Brandon Regional Hospital ER FL, many thanks :D

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Definitely nice to get a little recognition. Isn't it EMS week or something or was that last week?

FourLoko

Forum Lieutenant
Yep, EMS week. I've gotten jack and :censored::censored::censored::censored:. Pretty normal.

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
Our annual gift from the service this year was a cool salad bowl for our lunches. Has a divider with a built in ice pack and a tray on top for veggies with a dressing compartment and the service crest on top. Really ingenious little bowl. All the stations also got a personally signed card from the Chief. Last year we also got cookies.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Let's see...

We've gotten cake, pizza, breakfast, cookies, brownies, cups filled with candy, a shirt, catered lunches at the hospitals, our agency delivered lunches to us in the field, and our agency gave us all a dress watch with the agency's name in it. And that's just the 2 days I was at work.

I can only imagine what nurses get during their week... probably the nurse equivalent of "Oprahs Favorite Things", like a new car...

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
I forgot the service also hosts a family day annually at HQ for EMS week. BBQ, kids activities, etc. Open to the public as well.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
I refuse to participate in EMS Week.and the inane, offensive offerings the various hospitals push on the EMTs as a hollow thanks for what we do.

If they want to thank us and truly feel we are a needed and not the perpetual bearer of bad news in the form of patients, then invite us to the table for a critical discussion of what we experience and how we can improve the overall experience and interfacing with the hospitals.

Flashlights, salad bowls, baked goods are all lip service. But as long as EMTs respond with "i like cookies" like a bunch of kindergartners, we get treated like one. Keep the cookies and give me a critical evaluation of our protocols

Sasha

Forum Chief
Can't I have cookies and protocols???

Cookies make my heart smile.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Can't I have cookies and protocols???

Cookies make my heart smile.

Exactly. I don't see why we can't have cookies at the protocol meeting.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
There's a flyer on our fridge at work that says "EMS Week BBQ, May 26th". That's the only thing I've heard of EMS week...and I'm working during the BBQ...and it's on the other end of the county.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
...If they want to thank us and truly feel we are a needed and not the perpetual bearer of bad news in the form of patients, then invite us to the table for a critical discussion of what we experience and how we can improve the overall experience and interfacing with the hospitals....

Have you asked for these types of meetings? If so, what did they say? If not, why not?

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
d0365586-d7d2-f524.jpg

I dont care what they say just keep feeding us like this.

Coincidentally, I got a raise....

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
My college which is known for its public safety classes (we consider Firefighting and EMT/Paramedic public safety) had the little slogan for this years EMS week rotating on the college sign infront of the school.