Those silly firefighters

jordanfstop

Forum Lieutenant
http://www.firelink.com/news/2750-update-firefighter-stops-for-burger-on-way-to-call

www.firelink.com said:
AUSTIN, TX — A firefighter who stopped to pick up a hamburger before rushing to help a woman in respiratory distress has been fired.

Firefighter Michael Pooler’s decision to stop at the Burger House next to his fire station before jumping onto a fire truck delayed the emergency response by two minutes, said Acting Fire Chief Jim Evans.

Evans said in a disciplinary memo released Tuesday that Pooler demonstrated “a shocking neglect of duty” in the Jan. 4 incident.

“Immediate response to 911 calls is the very essence of what it means to be an Austin firefighter. ... Because of his selfish and highly unprofessional actions, he has no right to remain an Austin firefighter,” the memo said...

Read the rest: http://emtlife.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=22

JPINFV

Gadfly
The fire department has since released a picture of the fire fighter in question.

wimpy.jpg

jazminestar

Forum Crew Member
The fire department has since released a picture of the fire fighter in question.

wimpy.jpg

lmao!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
what a dunce!

FF/EMT Sam

Forum Lieutenant
And they made him a shift leader...Maybe whoever was supposed to be evaluating him was getting some fries with that?

EMTBandit

Forum Lieutenant

wimpy.jpg

Haha. :p

I heard about this on the radio one day on the way to work. I was laughing my a** off and feeling sorry for the poor woman at the same time. Makes you wonder sometimes what people are thinking. Or the lack their of.

Ops Paramedic

Forum Captain
I hope at least that he enjoyed the burger, as it was most likely the most expensive one he had ever bought! 5$= price of a burger, seeing the look on his face upon dismissal: Priceless.

wolfwyndd

Forum Captain
I'm calling BS on this story! You can't go to a fast food restaurant and get your food in only 2 minutes! :rolleyes:

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Okay, I gotta admit to having driven an ambulance (after a call) through a high school fund raiser car wash. I had a newbie ride along with me, she was a bit surprised when I made her dig into her pockets for donation money too!

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Houston had firefighters stopping for pizza...

...with CPR in progress in back. Many years ago, I'll bet....