This Thursday is my NREMT I85

EMT91

Forum Lieutenant
I have been told by some classmates that it was really easy/easier than our final/mostly basic.

Any input on this? I used the Success for the EMT basic but did not buy or use any extra resources.

Do they put drug calcs on it? Identifying EKG rhythms?

OP
OP
EMT91

EMT91

Forum Lieutenant
Anyone?

polisciaggie

Forum Crew Member
There were no drug calcs or EKGs (not in I/85 curriculum anyways) on my exam. From what I remember a lot of the questions focused on acid/base problems, OB, and operations.

OP
OP
EMT91

EMT91

Forum Lieutenant
In an effort to see what I should expect, below I have posted questions from MY IN CLASS FINAL EXAM, not NREMT questions; perhaps someone could kindly give me an idea as to if the questions are harder than the NREMT 85 test or easier etc.

A single ectopic impulse that originates in either ventricle and that occurs earlier than the next expected beat is known as:

A) SVT
B) PVC
C) Ventricular Tachycardia
D) PJC

The Cauda equina is where the:
A) Spinal cord narrows into the C spine
B) Spinal cord exits the cranium
C) Brainstem and Cerebrum connect
D) Spinal cord divides into individual nerves

Your pt. is a 20 yr old college student. He states he has been ill for the past few days and is now complaining of a throbbing headache and muscle pain. You notice a rash on the pt's skin. Which of the follwing best describes the issue?

A) Possible Menegitis
B) Migraine
C) Organic Headache
D) Syncopal episode

I will post more later, if need be.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
In an effort to see what I should expect, below I have posted questions from MY IN CLASS FINAL EXAM, not NREMT questions; perhaps someone could kindly give me an idea as to if the questions are harder than the NREMT 85 test or easier etc.

A single ectopic impulse that originates in either ventricle and that occurs earlier than the next expected beat is known as:

A) SVT
B) PVC
D) PJC

Your pt. is a 20 yr old college student. He states he has been ill for the past few days and is now complaining of a throbbing headache and muscle pain. You notice a rash on the pt's skin. Which of the follwing best describes the issue?

A) Possible Menegitis
B) Migraine
C) Organic Headache
D) Syncopal episode

Your not supposed to post test questions per forum rules.

If you feel the need get a study guide. The nr exams are not rocket science and are designed to test the minimum (base) knowledge the provider should have.

OP
OP
EMT91

EMT91

Forum Lieutenant

If you feel the need get a study guide. The nr exams are not rocket science and are designed to test the minimum (base) knowledge the provider should have.

I thought we could not post NREMT questions...these are from class.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member

A) SVT
B) PVC
D) PJC

A) Possible Menegitis
B) Migraine
C) Organic Headache
D) Syncopal episode

If you feel the need get a study guide. The nr exams are not rocket science and are designed to test the minimum (base) knowledge the provider should have. If you paid attention in class and went through your book you should be fine.

Mine had a lot or medication, iv, acid base type questions.

OP
OP
EMT91

EMT91

Forum Lieutenant
Can you give me an example of the level of difficulty I will face tommorow?

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Can you give me an example of the level of difficulty I will face tommorow?

not sure what happened with my above posts, it should have been just the second one.

At this point just relax. You either know it or you don't. Don't pysch yourself out before you even write it. I found my course tests/exams harder than the NR.

silver

Forum Asst. Chief

A) SVT
B) PVC
D) PJC

A) Possible Menegitis
B) Migraine
C) Organic Headache
D) Syncopal episode

Are these considered difficult?

Anjel

Forum Angel
I don't know the second one. Lol

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
I don't know the second one. Lol

its at the inferior end of the spinal cord. The cord becomes fiber bundles. It supposedly looks like a horse's tail...someone must have a weird mind hah. Realistically that is a super random and totally impractical question. Like I'm all for anatomy, but questions should be on clinical anatomy...

OP
OP
EMT91

EMT91

Forum Lieutenant
Well, in just a few hours I shall be taking the test...any last words of wisdom or advice?

OP
OP
EMT91

EMT91

Forum Lieutenant
So...I took my test today at around 11:30; (its currently 5:52 PM here), it took me about 45 minutes. Stopped me at 85 questions. Not sure how I did, still nothing on the NREMT site...I remember being asked about metabolites..it seemed like a deep question as I do not recall such a term in my book or being discussed in class...so hopefully, that means it was a higher level question meaning that I was doing well.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
So...I took my test today at around 11:30; (its currently 5:52 PM here), it took me about 45 minutes. Stopped me at 85 questions. Not sure how I did, still nothing on the NREMT site...I remember being asked about metabolites..it seemed like a deep question as I do not recall such a term in my book or being discussed in class...so hopefully, that means it was a higher level question meaning that I was doing well.

It could have been a test or high level question. I thought the I85 was still a paper/pen test.

OP
OP
EMT91

EMT91

Forum Lieutenant
It could have been a test or high level question. I thought the I85 was still a paper/pen test.

Nope. Basic and Intermediate 85 are CBT. Do you feel that metabolites are higher level stuff?

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Nope. Basic and Intermediate 85 are CBT. Do you feel that metabolites are higher level stuff?
From the texts I have seen the subject is breezed over (in class as well) with few programs requiring other classes(a&p, chem, micro, pathophys, etc) so unless you had a background in university or read up on it on your own it would be a harder type question. Without know the question it is hard to say if what i said even applies. It could be a standard question you should know or it could be a critical thinking question ......Maybe things have changed a bit since i did Intermediate back in 2006.

OP
OP
EMT91

EMT91

Forum Lieutenant
I think it had to do with acidosis, but I cannot recall.