usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
:lol: Sounds like there's a story behind this.....do tell. :lol:

OP
OP
EMT11KDL

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Just another FAILED Suicide attempt! Between ETOH, Vehicle and Medication combined and Dont forget the Mountain Dirt Road. Walked away and this person will most likely be back on the streets after the psychiatric hold! for ROUND 3!

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Send them get well CARE package....
Phear_antrhax.jpg

....with a subscription to Guns and Ammo....
GunWarning.jpg

...a packet of Kool-Aid.....
AK74_Koolaid.jpg

....a card encouraging them to take part in group activities.....
BBQBabyBacon_roulette-1.jpg

....year round....
06-15-06cotwmd.jpg

....and tell them to look into getting politicians to focus on advocacy for the mentally ill....
Cheney1.jpg

and some other advice for their future.
make_it_count.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Because self harm and attempting suicide are all bull:censored::censored::censored::censored: illness's that shouldn't be treated... Instead of encouraging it how about trying to figure out why they are like that and get them to help. Probably a little too much to ask from someone as immature as you though.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Unprofessional. I hope non of the family's that are dealing with this issue stumble across this topic.

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh boy, I can see this thread going down hill quickly.

I hope you're just venting. I get it if you are. I don't mind people making jokes about such things, finding the lighter side of such things takes away some of their power to be upsetting (I love that Cobain cup pic:p).

But you'd better not be serious. Such a profoundly ignorant and inflammatory position on an extremely sensitive and pervasive health problem could surely not be held by a well educated health-care professional <_<.

rescue99

Forum Deputy Chief
USA is always so serious sounding. A little dark humor is a good sign people are still with us and coping. As long as it isn't all of the time and not all dark, I like a bit of humor in the mix. Hopefully, no one is having to deal with suicide in their personal life so as not to make it an offensive post. I've definately read worse.

OP
OP
EMT11KDL

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Because self harm and attempting suicide are all bull:censored::censored::censored::censored: illness's that shouldn't be treated... Instead of encouraging it how about trying to figure out why they are like that and get them to help. Probably a little too much to ask from someone as immature as you though.

Unprofessional. I hope non of the family's that are dealing with this issue stumble across this topic.

have neither of you ever been on an attempted suicide? for anyone that has been around for awhile, we have all thought about writing this book, and just for clarification I seriously doubt that anyone will actually write this book either!

It is called venting, and I believe that almost everyone on here knows that and probably knew there was a story behind it!

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
But you'd better not be serious.
Nope....just a touch of sardonic humor.

As someone who has had two family members kill themselves, I assure you, I in no way advocate actual suicide attempts. However, I have minimal empathy for people who use "suicide attempts" as simply a way to manipulate friends, lovers, and family or as a way to garner more attention for themselves.

medic417

The Truth Provider
have neither of you ever been on an attempted suicide? for anyone that has been around for awhile, we have all thought about writing this book, and just for clarification I seriously doubt that anyone will actually write this book either!

It is called venting, and I believe that almost everyone on here knows that and probably knew there was a story behind it!

I have been on more successful, non successful, and attention seeking fake suicide attempts than you can dream of to make fun of. No I have not thought about writing a book about how to do it right. I have made a list with resources that I can help the patient or their family's contact and I give that to them free. And sadly there was a book that was written years ago, hope they got sued and anything they made went to mental health issues.

When frustrated use the frustration to do something constructive rather than destructive.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
I have been on more successful, non successful, and attention seeking fake suicide attempts than you can dream of to make fun of. No I have not thought about writing a book about how to do it right. I have made a list with resources that I can help the patient or their family's contact and I give that to them free. And sadly there was a book that was written years ago, hope they got sued and anything they made went to mental health issues.

When frustrated use the frustration to do something constructive rather than destructive.
Relax, I think he was just being sarcastic. I mean everyone knows you just have to give the person a Judas Priest album and they'll figure it out on their own. Sorry....couldn't resist.....

By the way, if you by "a book" you mean Final Exit, I don't believe there ever was a successful lawsuit for it nor should there have been.

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah people using attempted suicide to garner attention really pisses people off who have dealt with the realm thing...still the fact that they feel so desperate as to 'attempt it' is a problem in itself.

It wasn't immediately obvious that it was a vent. It being written down, no body language, no inflection etc. Plus some people on this forum are actually inclined towards ideas like killing all the crazies.

B.K.

Forum Probie
relax people.
it was probably a joke
if your are offended, please go buy a sense of humor.

medic417

The Truth Provider
relax people.
it was probably a joke

This is an open forum. People with no experience, no medical knowledge, patients, family of suicide victims, etc can all find and read the unprofessional comments. No wonder people just look at us as ambulance drivers, because we sure don't sound like medical professionals.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
relax people.
it was probably a joke

You can buy one of those? Really? Where.. can you post a link.. because I'd like to buy a dozen of them and give them out to those in need of a sense of humor for Christmas.