The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

LMEMT

Forum Ride Along
Hello! Figured I'd say hi. I'm 19, from Seatle Washington, but am now in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin. Just passed the NREMT for EMT basic and got my Wisconsin license! Nice to meet you guys.

shaggyc

Forum Probie
Hello! Planning to stat EMS training in May. Looks like lots of good info here. I'll be 34 when I start... found this site while trying to see if I was to old to do this. Nice to meet you all.

JosephDurham

Forum Crew Member
Hello everyone, my name is Joseph. I live in Bethel, Ohio and just finished up my EMT-B training. Received a 95 in my class, but unfortunately was unable to pass the NREMT the first time around. However I have it scheduled for next week, and will knock it out then.

I am currently in my Fire Fighter 1 class, and I am doing very well. Class will end in April for us; we started with 23 students and are now down to 13!

Looking forward to my time and discussions here on the board.

Thank you,

Joseph

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
It's great to see the community continue to grow. Welcome everyone!

Sunburn

Forum Crew Member
Hi everyone. Not sure of this is US only site, I joined to learn more about EMS around the world.
I'm Marin, 28 y.o. doctor from Croatia (yes, here doctors ride in EMS).
I'm ALS and ITLS IP, taking my GIC in May.
I'm more than happy to answer any questions about EMS structure here and hope to learn more about EMS organisations worldwide.

One Confused EMT

Forum Probie
Howdy, I am an EMT-B from the middle of nowhere California trying to find a job in a real city like LA, and let me tell you, its a b**** finding a job when you are only 19 and have hardly any experience!

Crabby Apple

Forum Ride Along
Hey y'all, I'm an EMT in Alabama. Currently taking my AEMT course with plans to eventually go on to paramedic school after I start working. Happy to be officially here after lurking for some time!

Nlaw253

Forum Ride Along
Hey everybody,

My name is Nick and I am from Seattle. Currently I am am EMT-b and volunteer firefighter and have been for the past 3 years. Considering going paramedic and weighing all the different options to get to that point. When I'm not working (which is never as of lately) I enjoy reading and lifting heavy stuff. I look forward to getting to know as many of you as I can. Thanks in advance for answering any questions I may have.

AwayFromReality

Forum Ride Along
Hey everyone, just recently decided to pursue the emergency medicine field. I graduated recently from undergrad and excited to start this journey

Deftones

Forum Probie
Hello everyone. I'm a new NREMT. I'm training to become a FF and am working on becoming an RN. I'm hoping to learn some stuff here that'll help me be a better EMT.

Rescuelou123

Forum Crew Member
HEY EVERYONE PEOPLE KNOW ME AS RESCUELOU. IF YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW MY REAL NAME LOOK FOR IT ON MY PROFILE. I'M A EMT-B SINCE 2013 AND I LOVE IT. I WAS A CARPENTER FOR 25 YRS AND I HATED IT. I HAD A MY OWN BUSINESS FOR 12 YRS AND SOLD IT BECAUSE I WASN'T HAPPY. I TRULY ENJOY BEING AN EMT AND I ONLY WISHED THAT I WAS ONE EARLY IN MY LIFE. EMT LIFE IS REALLY COOL. MY HOPES AND DREAMS TO WORK FOR FDNY ONE DAY. SINCE I WAS SMALL WATCHING FIREFIGHTERS RESCUING PEOPLE WAS IT FOR ME. LUCKLY I'M STILL YOUNG ENOUGH AND ABLE TO PURSUE MY DREAMS. I KNOW ITS A SLOW PROCESS BUT I HAVE PATIENCES AND DRIVE TO SUCCEED IN WHATEVER I WANT IN LIFE. LIKE I ALWAYS SAY "AGE IS JUST A NUMBER"; IT MEANS NOTHING. I HAVE A WIFE WHO I LOVE VERY MUCH AND TWO WONDERFUL BOYS THAT I'M VERY PROUD OF IN WHAT EVER THEY DO. IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW IS SIMPLE; I VOLUNTEER AT MY NEIGHBORHOOD FIRE DEPARTMENT AND FEEL PROUD. I WOULDN'T CHANGE IT FOR ANYTHING. MY GREATEST GIFT IS THAT I LOVE TO HELP,LISTEN,LAUGH. THIS IS WHY I KNOW MY PLACE IS WITH EMS LIFE. HEY EVERYONE IN EMS WORLD; THE WORLD OF SAVING LIFES YEAH!!! A WORLD THAT THE COMMUNITY IS SMALL IN WHICH WE ALL ARE IN IT TOGETHER. I JUST WANTED YOU KNOW THAT I WILL NEVER LEAVE AND FORGET THOSE WHO PASSED ON THOSE WHO RISKED THEIR LIFES TO SAVE ANOTHER AND ALSO THE PEOPLE WHO ARE STILL WITH US. THAT THEY ALWAYS RUN TO A CALL. WHEN I USED TO BE SMALL GROWING UP IN QUEENS NY WHERE EVER SOMEONE WAS HURT I WAS ALWAYS THERE TO HELP AND I ALWAYS WANTED TO DO MORE BUT I WAS HELPLESS BECAUSE I WASN'T TRAINED IN BLS. BUT NOW ITS DIFFERENT I'M EMT-B AND PROUD AND FEELING HELPLESS NO MORE. FOR ME THIS IS LIFE.

YOU GUYS IN THE FDNY ARE THE BEST AND BRAVEST WATCHING YOU GUYS ROLL UP MY NEIGHBORHOOD OR ROAR DOWN THE STREETS OF QUEENS WHEN YOU GOT TONED OUT FOR A CALL WAS COOL. MY DREAM WILL COME TRUE ONE DAY TO BE PART OF IT. I VOLUNTEER FOR MY NEIGHBORHOOD FIRE DEPARTMENT RIGHT NOW AND I LOVE IT. ALL I WANT IS TO BE ABLE TO SAVE LIFES AND GIVE HELP WHEN NEEDED. THIS IS THE ONLY THING I KNOW HOW TO DO THE BEST; BESIDE WORK WITH MY HANDS. THE FEELING I GET WHEN SOME ONES LIFE IS AT RISK AND I SAVED THEM THEN THEIR FAMILY THANKS ME WOW MONEY CAN'T BUY THAT. OR HELPING SOMEONE FROM DANGER MEANS ALOT FOR ME. I ALWAYS SAY THAT LIFE IS MORE IMPORTANT THEN MONEY. THE WAY I SEE IT IS THIS.IF SOMEONE CAME UP TO ME AND GAVE ME A CHOICE TO MAKE A MILLIONS OF DOLLARS OR SAVE A LIFE AT THE SAME TIME, I WOULD SAVE A LIFE BEFORE MAKING A DOLLAR. CALL ME CRAZY BUT THATS ME. I QUESS THIS IS WHY MY NUMBER ONE WEAKNESS IS I CARE TO MUCH ABOUT PEOPLE AND HOW THEY PERCEIVE ME. AM I GOING TO CHANGE NEVER BECAUSE I LOVE TO HELP PEOPLE AND TRY SAVE THEM. YOU KNOW I COULD GO ON AND ON ABOUT MY LIFE STORY BUT I DON'T WANT TO BOAR ANYONE. THE ONLY THING I LEAVE MY READERS IS THIS WHERE EVER YOU NEED SOMEONE LOOK FOR ME AND I WILL BE THERE.

SINCERELY FRIENDLY RESCUELOU

usafvet509

Forum Ride Along
Hey, y'all.
Just joined. My name is Trent, and I just started my first spot (part time) in my new career as EMS. I'm a newly christened EMT-B, got nationally registered and MO state licensed last month. I'm 33, and currently a full time Psych Tech with MO DMH. Glad to find a EMS forum to join!

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Don't be disappointed. That was a hard act to follow.

BillThompson

Forum Probie
Hey everyone,

I'm Bill, been in the field as an EMT-B for coming on five years now. I presently work for a 911 and a private service. I'm starting medic in the fall. Where I go after that depends on what happens with my 911 service. If they continue down the path they are on and become full time then being a nationally registered paramedic is as far as I'll probably go. However, if they don't then I eventually plan on going for my CCT at my private. Outside of work I have a wife and and a 9 year old daughter, and I'm a lifelong Chicago Cubs fan, a Detroit Red Wings fan, and I'm a fan of the New England Patriots and Boise St. Broncos. I read a lot, like wrestling, and movies. I've started working out again, and am in the process of improving my health moving forward. I'm a laid back guy, but I'm passionate about my career.

Jwan

Just a guy
Hello,

I'm Justin, 24 years old, USAF veteran and I've been working as a Patient Care Tech at a local hospital for a little over 2 years. I was dead set about becoming a RN however the thought of being trapped as a floor nurse has pushed me away. So I decided to change my major and pursue an associates degree as a Paramedic. I read this forum almost every night while at work (and I work very often) and finally decided to join.

OhItzJimmy

Forum Crew Member
I'm Jimmy, living in Los Angeles, I am a former US Marine, currently a EMT-B with LA County Scope of Practice. Currently looking for a job!