The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

ThatAlaskanChick

Forum Ride Along
First off welcome, second like airplanes, helicopters, and such?

Yep! I'm on the ground crew, so we just transport the PTs from the hangars/airports to the hospitals. We also are the only company doing inter facility transports with ALS rigs besides the FD of course lol.

I work for LifeMed

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Yep! I'm on the ground crew, so we just transport the PTs from the hangars/airports to the hospitals. We also are the only company doing inter facility transports with ALS rigs besides the FD of course lol.

I work for LifeMed

Ahhhh ok, awesome.

NTXFF

Forum Crew Member
I guess I'll jump on here. I'm Patrick, 26 from North Texas. Been with my FD for 5 years and then work part time at a rural department. Paramedic looking for expat information.

Tuf Duff in Chains

Forum Ride Along
Hi I'm from Florida I just finished EMT school last December still working on Passing the NREMT(Any tips I can get would be GREAT). I start fire School in the Fall. I plan on going to Medic school when I'm done with that and I also plan on becoming an RN. I also like to go to Rock Concerts(just Got done seeing Slipknot and they were great!!!!). I love being in the EMS feild and in the medical feild in general its all great!!!!

lastdojo

Forum Ride Along
Hi everybody. My name is Erik and I am not an EMT, I am an independent mobile app developer. Per the forum rules, I wanted to first introduce myself and get my 10 post quota before providing a reference to my app in the "Advertising" forum section. I do make medical apps and I created one that might be useful for EMT's handling data during codes. I have a lot of questions regarding EMT's and their mobile phone usage in the field, but I guess I'll leave that for another forum section. In the meantime, I just wanted to say hi, and hopefully I am not intruding too much in the forum. Thanks.

NTXFF

Forum Crew Member
Hi everybody. My name is Erik and I am not an EMT, I am an independent mobile app developer. Per the forum rules, I wanted to first introduce myself and get my 10 post quota before providing a reference to my app in the "Advertising" forum section. I do make medical apps and I created one that might be useful for EMT's handling data during codes. I have a lot of questions regarding EMT's and their mobile phone usage in the field, but I guess I'll leave that for another forum section. In the meantime, I just wanted to say hi, and hopefully I am not intruding too much in the forum. Thanks.
My phone doesn't leave the box or engine. I grab the medic phone if I need to make a call.

Hotchkiss

Forum Ride Along
Name is Lliam from Brownville Maine, I'm 17 years old and I just finished my EMT class. Beginning my clinicals after a trip to new york next week. (I was part of an accelerated course so clinicals come afterwards) my father is an LEO and my sister is in medic school. I enjoy shooting, keeping snakes and ambulance ride alongs. (Going to be doing more than just riding soon)

SoloMedic33

Forum Ride Along
Hello Everyone,

My name is Brad. I've been in EMS for 6 years and have been a Paramedic going on 2 years now. I work/volunteer in Northern Virginia as well as rural middle of nowhere West Virginia. I aim to become the best Medic I can be and later transition to PA school if I ever get tired of running 911.

khaysley

Forum Probie
Just realised I never post on this yet. :p

I'm Kayla and I'm from Kentucky. I'm currently a student in Madisonville Community College to become a EMT/Paramedic. I start classes in about two weeks. I'm excited to take the medical knowledge that I have and my passion of learning everyday and helping other to the farthest that I can. I can't wait to follow the footsteps of not only my father who was a EMT for a short period of time while he was FF but also showing my sister that I can do more than she thinks I can. (the downside of having a sister who a LPN who hate having to call for BLS or ALS service to the SNF she works at. She thinks that she know more that a Paramedic just because she is a LPN. I quite frankly don't argue with this because I have seen a lot of LPNs and RNs that have no clue what they are doing in my time working for Homestead Senior Care when I would have jobs at SNF.)

I'm currently hold the titles of HHA, PBT, have the completion of PhT ( I'm going to take some more classes before I take my states on this one) have the completion of CNA (had a 100% on everything on the test but the head lady would not stop talking when I was trying to take her BP and I already have severe HL as is which made its it hard to do so I didn't pass it because of BP.)

Somethings I like to do is watch netflix, hang out with friends, love learning something new so probably will be a lifer in college (haha), photography, reading.

Kady

Forum Probie
Never posted to this site yet, but I've been a lurker for a while and figured I should introduce myself before posting and and being more talkative here. :) I'm kady, I live in the tiny state of Rhode Island. I've been involved in EMS for roughly 7 years, been an EMT for about 4 years. I work both 911 and transfer systems and will soon be back in class to become a paramedic.

gaAEMT86

Forum Ride Along
What's going on EMTLife! I'm Justin, I'm 28, and an Advanced EMT in the great state of Georgia. I've been around the medical field all my life, thanks to my father who is a Medic, and I actually began 3rd riding when I was 16. I had my Basic when I was 18, but thought law enforcement would be more fun. WRONG! I missed the truck so bad, decided to go back to school, and haven't regretted it since!!

BadJoke88

Forum Ride Along
Hello all! My name is Paul McBride. I'm 27 and spent the last eight years in the active Air Force as Security Forces before coming back home to Alaska and making the switch over to the Air Guard. I'm currently awaiting a tech school date for Emergency Management but after careful thinking and getting re-acquainted with EMS I'm thinking the RN is definitely the path I want to take while still grabbing various EMT certifications along the way. I am especially interested in the wilderness/remote medical side of things as well as tactical.

I was previously certified as a Combat Lifesaver prior to and during my deployment and am currently an Alaska Emergency Trauma Technician volunteering with my local FD. I also volunteer with the Civil Air Patrol and am currently getting recertified in as much of the ground search and rescue related items as I can with my busy schedule. In the past I have also given time as a member of the Red Cross Disaster Action Team while stationed in Europe, though I did not use any of those skills.

I am currently plotting out my educational path and welcome any and all input! I look forward to learning and getting started on this new chapter!

Gb1211

Forum Ride Along
Never posted to this site yet, but I've been a lurker for a while and figured I should introduce myself before posting and and being more talkative here. :) I'm kady, I live in the tiny state of Rhode Island. I've been involved in EMS for roughly 7 years, been an EMT for about 4 years. I work both 911 and transfer systems and will soon be back in class to become a paramedic.
Hello! I'm in Rhode Island and going to school for emt basic, hoping to advance beyond basic. Mind if ask a few questions?

Gb1211

Forum Ride Along
How many hours is a typical shift? I was told some companies can offer help with child care, is that true? And what do you like most about the job?

Kady

Forum Probie
For me typical shift is 10-16 hours long. It's possible, the companies I work for don't help with child care but offer flexible schedules for employees with kids. Everything really! Sounds cheesy but I love my job, I work with great people, in a great area for the medical world, my patients most of the time are lovely people, and once in a while you get to make a difference in somebody's life.

Gb1211

Forum Ride Along
Have you worked with the same company or have you worked for more then one? Are there part time positions?

Kady

Forum Probie
Of course there's part time! Or per diem. I've worked full time for 1 company and part time/per diem with 2 others.

Gb1211

Forum Ride Along
Have you worked while in school? What about children, I have something set up for school and hopefully after school.

Kady

Forum Probie
Yes! I've been working full time or more since about age 19, including all school time. Lots of caffeine helps. I'm hopefully starting a combo hybrid/in class paramedic combo course in September. Kids, we'll see I'm expecting my first the end of November and I plan on staying in school and working part time for a bit after that.