The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

imshal717

Forum Ride Along
Been lurking a while but now that I just finished up EMT school and getting ready to take the NREMT this week. I guess it may be time to introduce myself. I'm Mike; born, raised and lived in the Dallas, TX area all my life except for the four years Uncle Sam sent me to Washington State. I kick myself sometimes for moving home and I can't wait to get back out...

I'm second generation EMS. My dad was an EMT then Medic for large 911 system in East Texas, as well as a volunteer FF, for several years before he passed away in the late 90s.

Hoping to start medic school soon, though my ultimate goal is medical school. Already 30 so I'd be a pretty old med student so we'll see if things end up going that far.

Last edited by a moderator:

lynnethesunny

Forum Ride Along
Hi y'all,

My name is Lynne. I'm 27, married with four kids (3 original, 1 foster-daughter now married and living on her own), married to an arson investigator for almost 9 years now. I started volunteering in EMS as soon as I was able. I took my EMT-B when I was 17, and got my results almost a year later when I was 18. So I'm closing in on 10 years on a volunteer ALS truck in a small city in Houston, TX.

I've been lurking ever since I started paramedic school last January. I'm all done now, certified and looking for jobs. I have one service that I want to work for in particular so I've just gotten on as a volunteer there. In the meantime, I'm volunteering at the two places, just trying to soak up as much experience as I can.

Cheers!

Ronin

Forum Ride Along
Hello

Hello,

I'm an offshore and hostile environment medic.
I realized I'd read the forum many times so I thought it was time to join.

Be safe,
Ronin Security Consultancy

Trotter Collins

Forum Ride Along
Hi, I'm Sarah. EMT-B. I'm from south Mississippi. I've been an EMT for 6 months, applying for medic school in the fall. I've got 2 boys, Rusty and Jackson. I love to read. A lot.

DocHolliday

Forum Ride Along
Hello

Hi i'm Docholliday im from the Chattanooga area. I have been a EMT for 5 years and I am currently in Medic school. If you have any questions just feel free to ask.

Tunamate

Forum Crew Member
Hi I'm a qualifying paramedic from SA. Been in the industry for a few years now and am finishing my studies end of the year. At this point I feel I might give up on Ems and become an accountant! Varsity has sucked all the enthusiasm I has for this career

hollowsoul87

Forum Probie
Hello

Been looking over the site for a while now and finally decided to join the ranks. I recieved my EMT-B cert the beginning of June and have recently applied for the local paramedic program here. Just waiting on a word back if i got in. I have 0 experience and have never worked EMS before but looking forward to it.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Been looking over the site for a while now and finally decided to join the ranks. I recieved my EMT-B cert the beginning of June and have recently applied for the local paramedic program here. Just waiting on a word back if i got in. I have 0 experience and have never worked EMS before but looking forward to it.

Welcome to EMTLife!

FirefighterEMTP

Forum Ride Along
Hello fellow caregivers, lifesavers, and smoke eaters.

I'm retired from active duty, running a small business called Disaster First Aid Training System. It has an Instructor Kit so that a wide range of people can teach it. individual instructors teach it as a small business, schools, some F.D. CERT programs, and the State of Alaska uses it in their ESAR-VHP Disaster Response volunteer program. You can see more about it at disasterfirstaid(dot)com if you want. We're looking for sales reps.

I was a firefighter EMT for 8 years, fire training officer for 2. Hospital ER Tech for 20 years. Directed an EMT/Paramedic CE program for 8 years. Along the way I wrote the course ©Disaster First Aid, taught it a few years and then wrote the book and Instructor Kit so other people could teach it too. Firefighters & EMTs of course, also camp counselors, Eagle Scouts, teachers and coaches, nurses, or retirees of any of the above. It's hands-on, practical, and actually fun to teach and learn. It's essentials-only, uses the same practices and protocols as EMS first responders, but adapted to citizen level. DFA is growing gradually, but I hope someday to make Disaster First Aid as accessible for everybody as CPR.

Altogether, I've been working in EMS for more than 25 years. This forum looks like a good place to communicate with like-minded people who have shared some of the same experiences. Glad to meet you.

civilgrinfox

Forum Ride Along
Hello!

Hey all -

I just joined so wanted to say hi. I'm just moving toward the field of Emergency Services after being laid off a job in the non-profit world (and doing numerous other things before that). I just posted in the education forum looking for advice on training in Denver.

Hopefully this world will keep getting closer as I pursue training.

Blessings and safety to you all ^_^

Patch Adams

Forum Probie
Okanagan a place to live forever

Hi,
I am from the Okanagan area of British Columbia Canada. I used to volunteer as a EMR on a community service in Northern Manitoba years ago. I just re-certified and finished licensing and planing on working in the BC/Alberta oil patch. I'd love to hear any advice/stories from anyone working in the patch. I'd also like to connect to anyone from this area as well.

Patch Adams

EMTGuide

Forum Ride Along
Hello All,

I'm a former paramedic living in San Diego. I have been out of the game a while and now work in a business development role for a hospital, but maybe I can still offer some input.

My son just passed his EMT-B NREMT exam and helping him through the process inspired me to see who else I can help. I'm also working on a website to help new prospective students get an idea for the process of becoming an EMT in their state and local area. We realized there isn't a lot of great information out there other than what we could find on EMTLife and extensive research through Google. If it helps you, check it out.

FutureEMT2014

Forum Probie
Hey all, I'm Cynthia. Age 19, about to be 20. Starting EMT Classes at Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell. Live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Currently a job corps student. Starting classes Tuesday!

RyanC

Forum Ride Along
Whoops, looks like there's an introduction thread... hope you don't mind I copy and pasted from my original posting ;)

Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Ryan Coquilla and I'm from San Jose, CA. Just recently got all my certifications for the Santa Clara County EMS as an EMT-B as well as the basic FEMA certifications. My eventual goal is to reach Firefighter, preferably in this same county. I start the Fire Academy in December with Southbay Academy.

Anyway, I am so grateful for this forum as it's a great tool to answer a lot of the questions I will have over the course of my career. I'm excited to be able to learn from all of you =)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Hey all, I'm Cynthia. Age 19, about to be 20. Starting EMT Classes at Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell. Live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Currently a job corps student. Starting classes Tuesday!
Hey brat :p Found your post :)