The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

Skittles

Forum Probie
Hi, my real name is Audree! I'm currently an assistant manager at a convenience store, but I have all the training to be a medical assistant. Once I finished my externship and tried to find a job, I found out just how hard it is to find a job when everyone is an MA. I've decided I wanted to be an EMT quite a while ago, and like Wheel, have been lurking here for a while, trying to get a feel for the community. I don't know when I'll be starting EMT classes, I have to wait until the community college offers it again (probably next January) or the local fire department gets one set up. I'd eventually like to go on to get my EMT-P, and maybe move further up the ladder.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Hi, my real name is Audree! I'm currently an assistant manager at a convenience store, but I have all the training to be a medical assistant. Once I finished my externship and tried to find a job, I found out just how hard it is to find a job when everyone is an MA. I've decided I wanted to be an EMT quite a while ago, and like Wheel, have been lurking here for a while, trying to get a feel for the community. I don't know when I'll be starting EMT classes, I have to wait until the community college offers it again (probably next January) or the local fire department gets one set up. I'd eventually like to go on to get my EMT-P, and maybe move further up the ladder.

Awesome welcome to the forum skittles we're glad you decided to step out into the light as it were. Keep us up to date on your progress and in the meantime enjoy the site :)

chillybreeze

Forum Lieutenant
Hi! New to the site

Hi everyone! Im new to the site but not new to ems. Ive been an emt since 1983. I had to take a few years off to take care of my mother but couldnt stay away. Im an Intermediate with 2 fire depts and getting ready to take the medic class around the first of the year. I cant wait to get to meet everyone and share knowledge and experiences. Thanks :mellow:

emtva724

Forum Ride Along
EMT-B from VA, a volunteer at the moment but waiting on reciprocity to work in NC where i have a full time job offer. Was a deputy for four years until i started volunteering and then got hooked on EMS. have had my EVOC for three years now and have been on many many calls. I am from a podunk lil town in southern VA but our call volume is crazy since their are three agencies within the county but we are the only squad staffed 24/7 by either volunteers or a few paid staff that we have...

bigbaldguy

Hi everyone! Im new to the site but not new to ems. Ive been an emt since 1983. I had to take a few years off to take care of my mother but couldnt stay away. Im an Intermediate with 2 fire depts and getting ready to take the medic class around the first of the year. I cant wait to get to meet everyone and share knowledge and experiences. Thanks :mellow:

EMT-B from VA, a volunteer at the moment but waiting on reciprocity to work in NC where i have a full time job offer. Was a deputy for four years until i started volunteering and then got hooked on EMS. have had my EVOC for three years now and have been on many many calls. I am from a podunk lil town in southern VA but our call volume is crazy since their are three agencies within the county but we are the only squad staffed 24/7 by either volunteers or a few paid staff that we have...

Welcome to EMTLIFE guys :)

dsmemt

Forum Ride Along
Hey all i'm from iowa and just finished up my emt-b class and testing (i passed:) ). Now starting medic school in the fall

bigbaldguy

Hey all i'm from iowa and just finished up my emt-b class and testing (i passed:) ). Now starting medic school in the fall

Congrats. Nice work passing good luck with medic school :) Welcome to EMTLIFE

Jzilla

Forum Ride Along
Hello All!

Hello everyone!

I am in the process of enrolling for EMT-Basic at my local college. I have been working in a factory for about 5 years now as an Engineer and have finally made the decision to jump into EMS. I have been wanting to be a Paramedic since I graduated high school so I am pretty amped about finally taking the plunge!

Looking forward to joining the team!

Jzilla

Forum Ride Along
He wrote he wanted to be a Paramedic since high school... So EMT is a Good first step, no?

Yeah that is the main reason for becoming an EMT. I can't really explain why I want to become a medic. I guess it's being able to help people, the pressure, and the unexpected. As an individual I function better in high pressure life or death bursts that the EMS community deals with. What actually triggered the thought was a car accident I was in with my girlfriend (now wife) and her cousin when the car wound up on its side about to flip into a marsh. I surprised myself with my own knowledge and abilities making sure everyone was safe until help arrived. I walked around with a smile on my face for a week after, it was a great feeling knowing I did everything I could and made a difference.

bigbaldguy

Welcome to the forum Jzilla. I've moved your post here to the intro thread so everyone can meet you :)

Good luck with your class and please keep us up to date on how your progress toward your P patch goes.

pilotmedic

Forum Probie
oldtimer now NREMTP saying hello all

Passed my original emtp class in 1981 I worked in a high volume EMS system for 14 years got burnt out. Not at the age of 52 after being out of EMS for 13 years I just recertified as a NREMTP.
Many changes but I am ready to do it again. I really want to do some international stuff and I am looking to get mt CCEMTP to get back into aviation medicine.

Well here I go again...hello to all my brothers and sisters here

Cheers
Mike

bigbaldguy

Passed my original emtp class in 1981 I worked in a high volume EMS system for 14 years got burnt out. Not at the age of 52 after being out of EMS for 13 years I just recertified as a NREMTP.
Many changes but I am ready to do it again. I really want to do some international stuff and I am looking to get mt CCEMTP to get back into aviation medicine.

Well here I go again...hello to all my brothers and sisters here

Cheers
Mike

Welcome back.

CASacDude

Forum Ride Along
Hi everyone!
I live in Northern California, have been an EMT-B for a little over 2 years and am currently in nursing school and set to graduate next May. I've been cruising around the site reading various posts for over a year and decided I should finally create a profile :)

bigbaldguy

Hi everyone!
I live in Northern California, have been an EMT-B for a little over 2 years and am currently in nursing school and set to graduate next May. I've been cruising around the site reading various posts for over a year and decided I should finally create a profile :)

Welcome to the site CASacDude, I hope you find your answers here, and if not as n7lxi said please feel free to ask :)

NewEmtB

Forum Ride Along
Hey all, New member

21 years old from Socal. Studying to get my EMT-B right now. only 3 more weeks to go.

Looking to get an EMT position soon, and hopefully get to the main goal of firefighting in the future.