The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Howdy!

This is a direction that I never thought my life would go in, but everything I've done has lead towards me being someone who helps others. My last job in particular, hospital security, showed me that there are people who are strong enough to endure long hours, the "good" and "bad" side of patient care, and that even during the worst days, that the job can still be rewarding. I've seen and have done some things that people outside healthcare would never believe, but every day has been worth it.

After so much exposure to emergency management, I've decided to go beyond the scope of security to actual healthcare. I begin classes early this June and am looking forward to being a part of EMTLIFE so that I can continue to learn and grow with a great community!

Awesome! Welcome to the field and the forum.

Irish42

Forum Probie
Hey y'all,

I thought I'd stop in and say hi. :) I'm Irish42, cause I'm Irish of course:cool: seriously though, I'm a 4th generation firefighter. It has always been something I've wanted to, not only because of family tradition but because I trually enjoy helping others when I can. My family , and fellow firefighters have called me crazy for being interested in the EMS side of things but from my experience of seeing people injured or in need of bls/als and I can't do much because I'm only a EMR, I felt the need to expand my on my medical abilities.

So besides that, I'm starting a EMTb course in a few months, starting a paramedic program in the fall, and then prob dying from stress and a lack of sleep :rolleyes:

:beerchug:

Docinator

Forum Ride Along
Hello, my name is Matt and I have been in the US Navy for about 3 years now. I am an HM3, and I am currently attached to a US Naval Hospital. I work as an EMT augmented to Marine Corps Fire Stations, and I am a team leader for two of the stations; supervising a total of four EMT's. I joined this site to expand my knowledge and maintain ties with the community for when I transfer out of this billet.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbaldguy

Hey y'all,

I thought I'd stop in and say hi. :) I'm Irish42, cause I'm Irish of course:cool: seriously though, I'm a 4th generation firefighter. It has always been something I've wanted to, not only because of family tradition but because I trually enjoy helping others when I can. My family , and fellow firefighters have called me crazy for being interested in the EMS side of things but from my experience of seeing people injured or in need of bls/als and I can't do much because I'm only a EMR, I felt the need to expand my on my medical abilities.

So besides that, I'm starting a EMTb course in a few months, starting a paramedic program in the fall, and then prob dying from stress and a lack of sleep :rolleyes:

:beerchug:

Welcome to the forum.

bigbaldguy

Hello, my name is Matt and I have been in the US Navy for about 3 years now. I am an HM3, and I am currently attached to a US Naval Hospital. I work as an EMT augmented to Marine Corps Fire Stations, and I am a team leader for two of the stations; supervising a total of four EMT's. I joined this site to expand my knowledge and maintain ties with the community for when I transfer out of this billet.

For those of us unfamiliar with the term HM3 is short for hospital corpsman third class.
Link to definition here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Navy_Hospital_Corpsman

Welcome the forum Docinator. Very glad to have you with us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trickimaster

Forum Probie
Hello

Hi, my name is Katey. I just passed my NREMT and am anxiously awaiting my Florida license so I can start to apply for jobs. I have a wonderful husband and 3 lovely little girls. Found this site internet surfing; pleased to make your acquaintance! :)

bigbaldguy

Hi, my name is Katey. I just passed my NREMT and am anxiously awaiting my Florida license so I can start to apply for jobs. I have a wonderful husband and 3 lovely little girls. Found this site internet surfing; pleased to make your acquaintance! :)

Outstanding. We're very happy to have you here :) Take a look around and let us know what you think. Don't forget to subscribe to the contests sub forum as we'll be having some more mini contest's soon.

GoodLifeMedic

Forum Ride Along
Hey All, I'm JJ, I'm 25 and I live in Virginia. I've been a practicing Intermediate for a year (EMS for 5 yrs) and am currently in the process of bridging from I-P. I used to run in Southwest VA as a volunteer and worked in medical transport and I was the training officer for my volunteer crew. My wife and I just moved back east to Hampton Roads region and I'm trying to break into the system here. I have a B.S. in human nutrition foods and exercise and was originally going to go to Med School, but decided to answer the EMS call instead.

bigbaldguy

Hey All, I'm JJ, I'm 25 and I live in Virginia. I've been a practicing Intermediate for a year (EMS for 5 yrs) and am currently in the process of bridging from I-P. I used to run in Southwest VA as a volunteer and worked in medical transport and I was the training officer for my volunteer crew. My wife and I just moved back east to Hampton Roads region and I'm trying to break into the system here. I have a B.S. in human nutrition foods and exercise and was originally going to go to Med School, but decided to answer the EMS call instead.

Welcome to the forum GoodLifeMedic, and good luck with your bridge program. We look forward to your input.

Uclabruin103

Forum Lieutenant
Hell emtlife! Poked around here for awhile now and thought I'd finally join up. Living and working in the beloved Southern California EMS system at one of the larger 911/IFT ambulances here for about 18 months now. Looking to go to medic school this fall!

Bfirefighterl

Forum Ride Along
Intro...

Howdy! My name is Brian and I live in sac co. CA.. I'm a EMT/firefighter for the last 9yrs.. I live everything about it!!! Im moving to Biloxi MS in a few months to work with AMR.. Berry stoked to have a change of pace!

TB 3541

Forum Lieutenant
Hell emtlife! Poked around here for awhile now and thought I'd finally join up. Living and working in the beloved Southern California EMS system at one of the larger 911/IFT ambulances here for about 18 months now. Looking to go to medic school this fall!

Howdy! My name is Brian and I live in sac co. CA.. I'm a EMT/firefighter for the last 9yrs.. I live everything about it!!! Im moving to Biloxi MS in a few months to work with AMR.. Berry stoked to have a change of pace!

Fmf corpsman out of Cali, been at it for four years couple more to go.

Welcome to the community, guys!

bigbaldguy

Howdy Cali guys. Welcome to the forum. Very glad to have you.

danburyfirerescue

Forum Probie
Howdy from Stokes County, NC

they said i should start with tell everyone a little about myself so here goes...

Got started in Law Enforcement in High School and became a Deputy after High School... (5 yrs, in FL)

Moved to NC and found out that NC wont take out of stat certs.

Lived here in NC for many years and wanted to get back involved in my community so I joined a Volunteer Fire Dept ( fell in love with it .. firefighting that is)

Been a Firefighter for 4 years now and I am also a K-9 Officer w/ my Fire Dept ( yes some Fire Dept's have K-9 units

Now i am working on my EMT's and will be taking my state exam on June 15, 2012

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Welcome! We have an introduction thread here, but oh well, what's done is done. Next time browse around a little/maybe do a search.

I'm confused about volunteer firefighting. Do they not require any training? Do you have only firefighting training, but no EMT training? Or maybe you have EMR training?

marcus2011

Forum Crew Member
Welcome! We have an introduction thread here, but oh well, what's done is done. Next time browse around a little/maybe do a search.

I'm confused about volunteer firefighting. Do they not require any training? Do you have only firefighting training, but no EMT training? Or maybe you have EMR training?

In NC you need NFPA 1403 to fight fire thats it. Some get their FFI &II and their emt.

Forsakenwolf

Forum Ride Along
New to EMS!

Hi guys, My name is Sean and I live in Los Angeles, CA. Up till now, I have just been a visitor reading posts and learning more about this industry. I just received my NR Status last week Thursday and now I am officially an NREMT-B!
YAY!! for me!

Now I can move forward and get a position somewhere in my area and hopefully add useful information here.