The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
He had cookies he met me and now they're gone. Airmed44 I'm very glad you decided to join the EMTLIFE community. With your background I think you'll bring some excellent input to our community.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
@BBG- did you verify AirMed44's credentials prior to sending him here? we dont want any repeats from the past...

bigbaldguy

He's legit :) and he's a very nice guy.

Anjel

Forum Angel
@BBG- did you verify AirMed44's credentials prior to sending him here? we dont want any repeats from the past...

Socal! Where have you been all my life!

Gurney Jockey

Forum Probie
Hi there! I'm Chris, and I've been lurking here for nearly a year. I've been sitting at home after getting my wisdom teeth pulled with a bottle of Ibuprofin in hand and figured why not join instead of being a creeper.
I've been an emt for 4 years since graduating high school, and I work in the "progressive" and "liberal" county of Los Angeles. I worked at the "best" IFT company around, Priority 1 before leaving to go work at AMR. And when I said leaving, I meant getting fired. Ooops!
I've applied to Mt. Sac's paramedic program, and will hopefully start pre-course in June.
I'm pretty knowledgable about my company, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask

SkiMedic

Forum Probie
Colorado... for now.

Ex U.S. Coast Guard, I've been a Medic since 1982, currently working in Colorado for...... a large private ambulance company that has a "blogging policy" for which I've already been written up and suspended so I won't mention their name.

I spent a year as a contract Medic working EMS on a DOD contract in Kuwait and I'm in the process of applying for a job in the UAE or KSA. Yeah, I like the heat. Over the years I've worked for private, hospital based, third service and fire based systems. Of them all, I like third service best as I don't deal well with the nursing politics of hospital based services or hose monkeys interfering with medical care in the fire service. I won't comment about privates. (See paragraph one)

I also belong to a motorcycle club who's membership is limited to public safety, medical, or military members. We have to pass an FBI background check as part of the application but we DON'T have to ride Harleys. I ride a Kawasaki 1800 Nomad. We're looking to expand and add chapters so feel free to ask about he club.

itsgordon

Forum Probie
Hey!!!

Hey Guys! I'm not sure if I ever introduced myself to all of you yet. My name is Pat and I'm a 16 guy who wants to get into EMS.

bigbaldguy

Welcome to EMTLIFE guys.

wildmed

Forum Crew Member
Hi all, Ive been a member here for im guessing around 3 years now but have mostly just lurked and have not posted much. Im a student at CU boulder, graduating december and going straight into P school! Hoping to work for a while at a rural/ semi rural mountain 3rd service or FD as a medic and ski patrol for a few years before moving on to PA school. I plan to always stay involved in EMS however. I am currently a trauma tech at a Level 1 pediatric trauma center as well as some their tertiary critical access EDs/UCs. I am also an EMT on a mountain rescue team. Main interests are wilderness/remote medicine, HEMS, international EMS, tropical disease ect. Hope to post more here in the future leading up to paramedic school!

Hemostatic

Forum Probie
Army Reserve Medic. 95% of all my medical experience is military.

I did a little bit of civilian work with a volunteer company a few years ago, looking to get back into that.

Mostly just here to lurk and learn, but I'll chime in if I think I can actually say anything productive.

bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

Army Reserve Medic. 95% of all my medical experience is military.

I did a little bit of civilian work with a volunteer company a few years ago, looking to get back into that.

Mostly just here to lurk and learn, but I'll chime in if I think I can actually say anything productive.

Always happy to see the military :) Welcome.

mm505

Forum Crew Member
Hello, my name is Mike, and I'm an EMTaholic. I worked 9 1/2 years from 1980-1989 and now I am back recertifying my numbers to go back to the streets, again!

bigbaldguy

Hello, my name is Mike, and I'm an EMTaholic. I worked 9 1/2 years from 1980-1989 and now I am back recertifying my numbers to go back to the streets, again!

Welcome back mm505.

EMSmom911

Forum Ride Along
Hi to all! Hoping to learn some things and have some fun as well. Volunteer First Responder for 8 years and counting and just got my EMT licence as well. I am finding that the class and NREMT were easier than trying to convince the hubby and kids to let me get a job now. Still crossing my fingers. Would maybe like to take Paramedic someday as well.

bigbaldguy

Hi to all! Hoping to learn some things and have some fun as well. Volunteer First Responder for 8 years and counting and just got my EMT licence as well. I am finding that the class and NREMT were easier than trying to convince the hubby and kids to let me get a job now. Still crossing my fingers. Would maybe like to take Paramedic someday as well.

Hello and welcome :)

DFKlein

Forum Probie
Hello everyone, I am starting EMT-B training the end of the month. Have 7 years’ experience as a first responder as a cop in the military and combat medic training.

ChewyEMS

Forum Probie
New to EMS

Hello everyone.

I have decided to make a career change. I miss working in a constantly changing environment and I love to help people. What better way than to be there for them on the potentially worst day of their lives. It is a calling to which I have felt for sometime and now the timing is right for me to start the journey. I start EMT school here in Florida in a couple weeks and couldn't be more excited. Our program is scheduled to be EMT then Paramedic school then on to Fire Academy! I can't wait! I have been around EMS for 20 yrs with my Dad's job and have been excited about this line of work. My plan right now is to get all the way through Fire Academy and once in the field continue on and become an RN. I would like to make myself as versatile as possible. I have a bunch of friends in EMS and on the First Flight here in Melbourne. That would be my dream job!

julesdamedic

Forum Probie
Hello!

Hello All!

I'm here to read, to contribute, and to help when needed. :)

Thanks,

Julie